Clothing Damage Change

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Clothing Damage Change

Post by John_Oxford » #218231

see: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread

Just make it a five stage damage system

(Movement speed is only changed on hardsuits)
Intact (0 brute/0 burn) - All bonuses granted, normal movement speed, no debuffs
Slightly Damaged (175 Brute / 200 burn) - Armor value is reduced by a few points, sprite is slightly darker, movement speed is slowed by one point, greatly decreases bio resistance
Damaged (275 brute / 325 burn) - Armor value is is reduced by a few more points, sprite is changed to be torn, movement speed is slowed (except on exosuits, it becomes extremely slow then ) All bio resistance is removed and some fire resistance is removed (except on fire proof items)
Badly Damaged (400 brute / 450 burn) - Armor Value is cut in half, sprite is changed completely to be a torn damaged version, movement speed is cut in half, any special effects (sunglasses blocking flashes, firesuits protecting against fire) are removed
Destroyed (500 brute / 550 burn) - Armor Value is reduced to a fourth of what it was, sprite is changed to be torn destroyed and pieces hanging off, movement speed is basically 0 stamina while drunk while walking, all special effects are removed.
*Destroyed items aren't removed from the game, they just become basically worthless to wear

A sewing kit will spawn in round start in all crew's boxes, has three uses and repairs a piece of clothing completely, except anything that would have or kevlar involved.
A combat repair kit will spawn in security officers, detectives, the warden and HOS, and certain head's of staff's lockers. (QM, HoP) It has five uses and can repair only kevlar (armored) items
A universal repair kit with 10 uses, which repairs any item completely, will spawn in the Captain's box, inside of deathsquad and ERT personnel's backpacks, and in Central Command Offical's backpacks.
A welder will be needed to repair hardsuits, jet packs, sunglasses, HUD/s, NVGs, Thermals, and Medi Hud/s

Kevlar can also now be created at the botany bio generator, and security spawns with two boxes of 15 stack sheets in the armory. It's a alternative to repairing armored items (instead of using your repair kit) One piece repairs one level.

Deathsquad Armor, ERT armor, All Nuke Op hardsuits, and Gem/warlock hardsuits are made out of Plastanium Kevlar Weave, which requires very high nearly unobtainable tech levels to produce, completely repairs a armored item not made out of itself, and increases it's armor resistance in all levels by ten. (Exceptions given for armor with 90< in any level) Using it on a clothing already made out of it just repairs it by one level. It changes the sprite to be slightly whiter/more shiny/bulkier

Deathsquad's and ERT's spawn with a stack of 50. Nuke Ops can buy a box with two stacks of 50 in it for 2 TC, Wizards get a new spell for one point that allows them to fully repair any armor they are wearing.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Clothing Damage Change

Post by PKPenguin321 » #218304

we already have a feedback thread for this
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #218332

PKPenguin321 wrote:we already have a feedback thread for this
ya donnnnnnnnt sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #218333

ok whatever you say john_"i'm too good to use the already existing thread"_oxford
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245742

new torn sprites for every sprite in the game?

honk, my male
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #245778

Armhulen wrote:new torn sprites for every sprite in the game?

honk, my male
why not just add scratch overlays instead?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245877

I considered that and then disregarded it because ??

yeah that'll be easy
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #245900

I think the issue with using a simple scratched/damaged overlay is that there are a massive number of differently shaped pieces of clothing, even if you only take base layers into account. To have an overlay that would fit with all of them would likely be too minimalistic, otherwise you run the risk of the "damage" spilling out into open space, or on bare skin. Even if you don't take all of the unique costumes, formal wear and special clothes available, jumpsuits can be rolled down to expose the upper body, which would mean any sort of damage overlay would appear directly on the character above the waist.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #246799

partially burnt clothes already have an overlay and it works real well.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #246824

Sweaterkittens wrote:I think the issue with using a simple scratched/damaged overlay is that there are a massive number of differently shaped pieces of clothing, even if you only take base layers into account. To have an overlay that would fit with all of them would likely be too minimalistic, otherwise you run the risk of the "damage" spilling out into open space, or on bare skin. Even if you don't take all of the unique costumes, formal wear and special clothes available, jumpsuits can be rolled down to expose the upper body, which would mean any sort of damage overlay would appear directly on the character above the waist.
You could easily have 3 sets of overlays, one for full length outfits, one for upper half only (skirts, bee suit, etc.) and lower half only (alt uniforms). Better yet, just cut the full length into half so they still look similar regardless of the type of outfit! Still a lot simpler than damage sprites for each individual article (not to mention that these sprites don't have to be amazing, just indicative your clothes are getting torn to shreds and you need to see your favorite Holmes botanists soon)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current