Give AI the ability to control medibots

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Give AI the ability to control medibots

Post by Togopal » #260763

title, this can be implemented in a similar way of the pAI, requiring a robotics-fabricated card inside the medical bot to operate

this will allow the AI to become a little more useful to the station and be able to heal crew members in crit when nobody else can be arsed to help

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Give AI the ability to control medibots

Post by D&B » #260766

Why don't you just make an extra Borg and order it to go medbot.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #260767

D&B wrote:Why don't you just make an extra Borg and order it to go medbot.
because when I am AI I lack the hands and the movement

besides, most cyborgs don't really want to change module just for a situation

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #260773

I think the AI has enough on their hands that they don't need to be worrying about controlling simple bots, especially when borgs can fulfill those functions
Limey wrote:its too late.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #260775

Ask Shadowlight to revive this: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/23571 using RR's new soul thingy. You can then take your own borg shell and do the medicals yourself! Failing that, ask the Robos to make you an Oddy mech to use!
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #260776

Qbopper wrote:I think the AI has enough on their hands that they don't need to be worrying about controlling simple bots, especially when borgs can fulfill those functions
but they can already control mechs, and like i said, if there's a situation that requires medical aid and the human crew are not bothering with it, the human is boned

it can be handy in the grace period that they're not a spectator and doorknob

Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #260777

Gun Hog wrote:Ask Shadowlight to revive this: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/23571 using RR's new soul thingy. You can then take your own borg shell and do the medicals yourself! Failing that, ask the Robos to make you an Oddy mech to use!
that PR is actually awesome, wonder why it got closed
tg seems to be merging a lot to goon so i dont see why this should be overlooked

Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #260778

It was closed because RR made a system that does it better. Shadowlight never revived it!
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #260867

Togopal wrote:title, this can be implemented in a similar way of the pAI, requiring a robotics-fabricated card inside the medical bot to operate

this will allow the AI to become a little more useful to the station and be able to heal crew members in crit when nobody else can be arsed to help
AIs already have roboticist PDA levels of control over all simple bots on the station. I don't see being able to possess them as being something actually needed. In fact, possession would allow AI vision into places it wasn't intended, like maint.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #260877

Togopal wrote:title, this can be implemented in a similar way of the pAI, requiring a robotics-fabricated card inside the medical bot to operate

But they can literally already do this.

The interface is shit though.

You should at least be able to make call commands by selecting a bot.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #260917

to the last two replies, i know the interface exists, but the medbot moves on its own as slow as a snail in the matrix, and when security officer griffin is on the other side of the map, chances are he's going to die before the medbot even makes it halfway

Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #260929

CPTANT wrote:

But they can literally already do this.

The interface is shit though.

You should at least be able to make call commands by selecting a bot.
But...I worked so hard on that interface..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #260936

I'm not sure if it is intended but, the interface doesn't work on bots that are not within LoS of a camera. You get a "Officer Beepsky is not responding to the command!" error.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #261015

Anonmare wrote:I'm not sure if it is intended but, the interface doesn't work on bots that are not within LoS of a camera. You get a "Officer Beepsky is not responding to the command!" error.
It is not intended. Someone did a Topic change that nerfed it.