Disruption Beacons

A place to record your ideas for the game.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Disruption Beacons

Post by D&B » #263172

Basically, any teleportation done in a radius of these beacons is distorted, thus it can be used to defend areas against telescience or magical teleportation.

However, in magical cases, the caster will instead be sent to a different location, or the spell might malfunction and create random effects around the caster.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Disruption Beacons

Post by Screemonster » #263186

If we had these and stuck one in the armory then the shittery that got telesci removed from the map in the first place might have been headed off at the pass.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #263187

Goonstation does this, it prevents certain telescience memes, not that telescience memes are a problem when you know exactly where the telescience area is. that and telescience teleports have a unique and noticeable sound and animation to tip you off.
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #263422

How about a bluespace disruption beacon, that fits underneath floortiles, and draws power from a wire below it to cause telescience and stuff to fail. however, when fully upgraded with a quad capacitor, a telepad should be able to ignore the disrupter.