Evidence-based antag idea

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

Evidence-based antag idea

Post by Smoopadoop » #274758

I don't have a name, so let's just call them 'stealthers'.
So, imagine a stealther tasked with, for example, killing the entire crew. (this is only an example)
HOWEVER, there is a catch.
The catch is that the stealther will, essentially, instantly lose if they are found out.
More specifically, any evidence left behind will almost literally point towards the stealther. Once found, the stealther can easily be neutralized, if they are known to be antag.
When I say literally, I'm talking to the point of blood arrows, some kind of pinpointer, or obvious meta clues saying "THERE IS A STEALTHER, THEY'RE JUST AROUND THE CORNER".
The stealther would have some kind of massive weakness, which can only be exploited once found out.

To complete their task without being caught, the stealther would have to employ a number of stealthy tools and techniques to hide evidence, or not leave any at all.
I don't have any good ideas for specific tools or abilities, but here's what little I have.

1- Something resembling a 'duel trap'.
Essentially, if caught in this trap, the victim is unable to escape or call for help. The ONLY way to win is to defeat the stealther. The stealther is already armed, so the victim must come armed too if they wish to live.

2- Tripwire/noose trap
This trap takes up a single tile. If somebody steps into it, they are stunned, hoisted into the air by a noose trap. They will hang from the ceiling by their feet, and are unable to move. They can resist out of it in 30 seconds.
This trap will only be useful if the stealther is nearby. If the victim escapes, the crew will know that they have a stealther on board.

3- Spider sting
A melee sting which injects the victim with mute and morphine. However, a speed-boosting chemical is also given to the victim. This is to encourage the sting only to be used if the victim is trapped and unable to escape.

4- Misc.
Some form of attack which leaves behind no blood.
Some kind of tool which disposes of bodies.
Something to deter people from entering an area by exploiting meta knowledge.
Some method to pin the blame on another crewmember.
Some large weakness.

You get the rest.
Maybe they could be spider themed. Idunno

Come up with ideas to make this better
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Evidence-based antag idea

Post by Remie Richards » #274783

Smoopadoop wrote: 1- Something resembling a 'duel trap'.
Essentially, if caught in this trap, the victim is unable to escape or call for help. The ONLY way to win is to defeat the stealther. The stealther is already armed, so the victim must come armed too if they wish to live.
I place this trap card face down and end my turn
私は完璧
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #274786

I see this being something like holoparasites. Near unstoppable at first as people have no idea how to counter it, then end up completely neutered as the meta changes to counter it. The first time someone sees a trap and stops before walking into it, you're going to have the greyshirts moving in heavily armed groups, negating the whole "take them out one at a time" thing.

Also, the whole duel trap thing will probably never be used, because compared to giving you an instantly restrained victim with the noose, it leaves you fighting a crewmember who may or may not be armed and, depending on what weapons you have, may immediately disarm and murder you.

I'm not keen on the thing about exploiting meta knowledge to make people stay out of an area, either. The players will quickly learn that this is no longer a reason to stay away, but rather an immediate reason to scream stealther.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #274793

Some of these sound like they'd be better as plain ol' stealth traitor tools.

I do like the idea of distractions to scare people out of an area though. Rather than "metaknowledge" or anything so fancy as that though, I'd leave it at something that makes it look like there's plasma/N2O/fire in the room when really there isn't. Like, sure, you could guess that it's not real and that it's just a hologram and you can run in and get your valids, but can you be sure?