[POLL]Securitron in the Armoury

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Should there be a Securitron unit in the Armoury?

Yes, there should be one, but deactivated.
18%
18%
18%
Yes, however it should only be a Securitron Assembly, meaning it has to be built.
9%
Yes, however it should only be a Securitron Assembly, meaning it has to be built.
9%
9%
No
7%
No
7%
No
7%
Abstain
No votes
Abstain
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 57

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

[POLL]Securitron in the Armoury

Post by Steelpoint » #28325

Point of contention that I would like to put forward. During my rework of Security I added in a Securitron (Securitron #1138) to the Armoury. This was not a hidden addition. A month or so later it was removed. While some of the coders are against the idea of the addition of a extra Sec Unit, many Sec Players support its inclusion.

The idea is simple. Should the Armoury hold a deactivated Securitron unit? As a alternative, should the Armoury instead hold a Securitron Assembly, requiring it to be fully assembled to activate it.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: [POLL]Securitron in the Armoury

Post by Bluespace » #28329

A deactivated securitron is a good addition. It provides a quick and easy way to get an extra hand in brig invasions and can help defend against emaggers.
I play Boris Pepper.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #28335

No, I dont like bots and carp in the game, I play to interact with other players, not to bother with simple mobs chasing me.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #28339

I am more for this than even Steelpoint in this case! I love the idea of more bots! Anyway, Metastation had a deactivated securitron in its armory, and hilarious mishaps happened when the Warden set it up improperly or when traitors emagged it! With our current state of 20 assistants to 2-3 Security members, I think they could use a little help. Heck, some rounds get so bad that the Warden frequently asked me as the AI to watch the brig because the HoS and his only officer were almost killed by a lone changeling!
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #28343

Pretty much what Gun says at this point anything that helps to make sec easier and more approachable even with having just a extra bot encase reports of beepsky got destroyed to easily replace without running to robotics. (I dont want it either but I dont want sec staying as it is)
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28344

I quite liked it and was sad to see it go. However, there's something to be said about how easy it is to make more of them and how much (more than anybody else) shit ready for use security already has.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #28345

Security already has a spare securitron that they never use: Beyepsky on the labor camp. It wouldn't be difficult at all just to move it on-station.

I think we have enough securitrons as it is. They've also been given a healthy buff recently as well.

If you want more securitrons, use Beyepsky, or work with robotics to make more. But what we have now is closer to a failure to use equipment properly than not having enough.

If you insist on adding a fourth securitron unit, remove Beyepsky.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #28349

Moving Beyepski means essentially never using the gulag, and if anything the gulag needs to be used more, not treated as a repository of spare parts.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #28352

Every dedicated Security player I've talked to on this issue has supported the idea of readding a Securitron to the Armoury.

Rounds with one or two officers versus 15 assistants and double that of the crew are very common place, simply having a more reliable armoury defender or something to plug the population hole will go a long way in helping Sec.

If this poll shows a strong 'yes' to readding a Securitron, I'll add one and do my best to defend that decision on coderbus.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #28353

Of course every dedicated security player wants to buff their favourite position.

I will be doing my best to oppose this addition.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #28354

Ikarrus wrote:Of course every dedicated security player wants to buff their favourite position.

I will be doing my best to oppose this addition.
Not unreasonable considering the unique position Security is usually placed in. Usually I would use the Securitron to either defend the Armoury, or help on patrol. Since I very often get only one or two fellow Sec Officers during rounds with 40+ people.

If you want to keep track, if I do add the Securitron, it will be a part of my upcoming map PR.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #28355

Yeah, Sybil/Box doesn't need this, we had it on Metastation because we had such a low pop. Also Speed Nerf has made ordeals with Securitrons gg no re
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #28356

I have a better idea, actually.

A while back (according to the wiki) there was a security camera on the outside of the armory. Why was this removed?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #28357

bandit wrote:I have a better idea, actually.

A while back (according to the wiki) there was a security camera on the outside of the armory. Why was this removed?
Good question, I do distinctly recall there being a camera back there during my brig overhaul, it may have been removed when a back window was added in the locker room.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28358

Ikarrus wrote:Of course every dedicated security player wants to buff their favourite position.
Well I never
bandit wrote:A while back (according to the wiki) there was a security camera on the outside of the armory. Why was this removed?
There's a window in equipment room that shows you outside of the armory. Can you even imagine how much it sucks when you're nuke op and some fuck is in that room?

Also fuck polls
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #28386

As a roboticist, I've actually begged the HoS/Warden on at least two occasions to either bring helmets to robotics or authorize and open a helmet crate for me. I've had zero takers except one time a sec officer threw me his spare (grudgingly)