Let mining borgs use the ore redemption machine.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Let mining borgs use the ore redemption machine.

Post by iyaerP » #30941

Right now, a mining borg can get minerals smelted there, but is unable to release the minerals so that they can bring it to RnD or robotics. I had this happen in a round earlier where robotics told me to bring them minerals and I was unable to comply as I could not get the minerals out of ore redemption.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Re: Let mining borgs use the ore redemption machine.

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #30962

They can use the old smelter at the mining outpost, it just won't generate points. Not like borgs can use points anyways.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #30973

While we're at it, let the QM access the machine too.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #31531

Use the smelter at the mining outpost.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31661

paprika wrote:Use the smelter at the mining outpost.
Presumably, the borgs want to let the miners have the points for the minerals but don't have time to wait for a the miner to be cloned before getting the points.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #31696

If the requirement to insert an ID to eject metal is removed the ore redemption machine can pretty much replace the smelter on mining station. It can make plas steel now dontcha know.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31837

Incomptinence wrote:If the requirement to insert an ID to eject metal is removed the ore redemption machine can pretty much replace the smelter on mining station. It can make plas steel now dontcha know.
The ID lock is there to prevent Assistant McGrifferson from passing by and emptying the machine when the science/robotics departments haven't had a chance to get to the machine
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #32080

Remove the need to insert an ID and make it check the user's worn ID instead. It will solve this problem due to silicons having natural access, as well as other problems such as greyshirts stealing IDs, and scientists forgetting their IDs in the machine after unloading minerals (guilty!). Miners attempting to redeem their points may do so by clicking the redeem button as before.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #32196

Gun Hog wrote:Remove the need to insert an ID and make it check the user's worn ID instead. It will solve this problem due to silicons having natural access, as well as other problems such as greyshirts stealing IDs, and scientists forgetting their IDs in the machine after unloading minerals (guilty!). Miners attempting to redeem their points may do so by clicking the redeem button as before.
This is something I can get behind but coding loading points to a worn ID as opposed to an inserted one sounds like a nightmare.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #32241

Its fine the way it is. Im sure Robotics can take a few seconds to run over to the ore machine and grab their own damn materials.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #32248

I didn't say let assistants rob the thing. I said put it back on mining station.