Cargo Borg

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Cargo Borg

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331512

A cybernetic borg unit used for cargo functions primarily, not to be mistaken with the mining borg. It handles manual labour & monetary functions where a average crewmember lacking access or tools might struggle, reducing the demand for manual labour
  • Inbuilt coin printer, once it selects minerals spits out coins, it can store coins as well as dispense them, a borg might use this to add currency to the banking unit within the vault.
> Inbuilt value scanner for determining what can be sold, useful as a spare to the QM.
  • When emagged or upgraded gains a gooffeature export gun, so will sell all your stuff at a cost of battery energy per sale
  • Hydraulic grip, it can lift and carry boxes with it and otherwise hold people in the aggressive position, the clamps don't have the dexterity to do most other actions.
Just some basic ideas as to the functions of this borg, but its purpose is to serve also as a replacement for mules as a smarter box carrier, the hydraulic arm does not mean they will require to drag boxes behind them and instead just pick the boxes up and take them with them without obstructing the way. A cybernetic forklift vehicle if you will.

They can also run cargo independently with these functions, cue inevitable yellowshirt:

But reassuringly they will probably not order you guns

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Cargo Borg

Post by InsaneHyena » #331521

Just give this shit to service
Bring back papercult.

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331531

There's no need to, even a 'cargoguy' service borg wouldn't really be palatable, dedicated cargo borg would also be functional with robotics upgrades & malf hacked modules more than just another variant of service borg.

Cargo borgs buckle boxes onto themselves to get around whilst carrying them. MULES get put to sleep.

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #331543

if a borg sells my shit you can expect a deconstructed borg
if a borg shits out coins with my materials you can expect a deconstructed borg
edit: if i'm not the cargo department.
if i wanted a borg to pull crates i'd ask a borg to pull crates.

why the hell would anyone want to be a sentient forklift?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331551

So they can move boxes, lockers and all sorts of things on law 2 commands, your personal workhorse should you choose it; given that it's not going to incur human harm have the cargo borg be your box-packmule holding your medkits, junk and whatever. Ask a passing cargo borg to take a box of mats back with you safely without dragging.

Yes, those tools can be abused but you could also just ask a borg to stop unless its blatently emagged or malf.

Spoiler:
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #331559

Borg, law 2, drag the closet for me please buddy

... why do we need a module for this give it ot serviceborgs or crap
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331579

Because dragging creates a inconvenience of space, its faster and more direct to simply pick it up, then switch to another module & have you pulling action free, and you can effectively pinch & grab people with it like the original post details to draw them into aggressive & strangling intents when used harmfully

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #331584

Being able to carry a crate while dragging another would make it moderately more capable than a baseline human at loading crates into things. Certainly faster than the drag-one-and-push-another method.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331591

Crucially nobody can mess with the contents while its being pulled while on the borgs back, its a safe method of carrying things.

Spoiler:
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #331904

my opinion is to give the crate loader and scanner to standard borg (without emagged functions for em), as they honestly need more love.
unless you can get more ideas of what would make this a specialized module as those three things aren't enough m8.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #331907

Someone died to a mule :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #331967

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Someone died to a mule :^)
pls stop bullying me the last time i died to one was like half a year ago when pai mules were a thing and one just fucking flattened my entire warops team
*sob sob sob*
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #331968

it should go to service, for definite.
also give service borgs a delivery boy/girl skin that's those ~classic~ cargo shorts to humiliate the borg show off.

bonus points if from looking at them you could easily mistake them for the OTHER kind of mindless robot in cargo...
私は完璧
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #332014

Remie Richards wrote: bonus points if from looking at them you could easily mistake them for the OTHER kind of mindless robot in cargo...
The QM?
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #332029

kevinz000 wrote:
pls stop bullying me the last time i died to one was like half a year ago when pai mules were a thing and one just fucking flattened my entire warops team
*sob sob sob*
I loved pAI mules, why they couldn't have just removed the ability to run people over even when they're not on the ground is beyond me. :(
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #332084

on a side note, are stats collected on the frequency of what modules are picked? it would be neat to have data on what modules are underutilized so some ideas for tweaks can be developed like this one.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #332087

kevinz000 wrote:
*sob sob sob*
How did six different war ops all manage to fail to run from and shoot at the forklift

Yeah I know the stun if they hit you lasts like a century but jesus you just had to run and shoot
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #332113

Anonmare wrote:
Remie Richards wrote: bonus points if from looking at them you could easily mistake them for the OTHER kind of mindless robot in cargo...
The QM?
ding ding ding we have a weeeeiner
私は完璧
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #332158

Remie Richards wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
The QM?
ding ding ding we have a weeeeiner
Bureaucracy module when? I will do your law 2 order after you fill out this form in triplicate!
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332162

Sounds good to me, but also sounds like it could cause issues for cargo techs, who are already considered assistants with pretense (second only to the captain).
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.