New traitor item

A place to record your ideas for the game.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

New traitor item

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34208

So sometimes you just want to flood a room with plasma. But it can be difficult to get a canister to where you want, or get into atmos.

So I suggest we get an item similar to the beacons that summon the syndicate bombs and singulo beacons, but rather summon a "Syndicate Canister" that once turned ON empties it's entire contents of plasma into the area.
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Re: New traitor item

Post by Cuboos » #34221

But i thought the syndicate doesn't have a lot of plasma. Isn't that one of the whole points of sabotaging the station is to steal plasma?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #34239

I think NT has a monopoly on plasma.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #34251

Maybe a hot co2 canister? Doesn't seem to be a great idea since it would just be more station wrecking dumb fire weapons.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #34274

Make it a unique gas you can only acquire through Syndicate TC. Something highly toxic that affects anybody not in a hardsuit or biosuit.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #34279

Atticat wrote:Make it a unique gas you can only acquire through Syndicate TC. Something highly toxic that affects anybody not in a hardsuit or biosuit.
Sarin Gas?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #34311

Cuboos wrote:
Atticat wrote:Make it a unique gas you can only acquire through Syndicate TC. Something highly toxic that affects anybody not in a hardsuit or biosuit.
Sarin Gas?
Yes, all of my yes. The longer you are exposed to it, the more severe the effects are. 5 seconds in it could be certain death. 3 seconds could be insta crit, with twitching and collapsing and too exhausted to continue messages before succumb to a real crit, and then ded. Catching a whiff of it could blind you for a few moments, and slow down your movement for a bit, and minor brain damage. Surviving severe exposure could give you moderate-severe brain damage, possible blindness, and stuttering.

It should cost 5-10 TC and come in a kit with two sarin smoke grenades, an airlock activated gas canister that attaches to an airlock and releases gas, and a spray can with sarin in it.
Sarin is sort of unstable, so it should make sense that it decomposes quickly and dissipates from the air in moments.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34334

Fragnostic wrote:
Cuboos wrote:
Sarin Gas?
Yes, all of my yes. The longer you are exposed to it, the more severe the effects are. 5 seconds in it could be certain death. 3 seconds could be insta crit, with twitching and collapsing and too exhausted to continue messages before succumb to a real crit, and then ded. Catching a whiff of it could blind you for a few moments, and slow down your movement for a bit, and minor brain damage. Surviving severe exposure could give you moderate-severe brain damage, possible blindness, and stuttering.

It should cost 5-10 TC and come in a kit with two sarin smoke grenades, an airlock activated gas canister that attaches to an airlock and releases gas, and a spray can with sarin in it.
Sarin is sort of unstable, so it should make sense that it decomposes quickly and dissipates from the air in moments.
two 3-seconds to dead grenades would be already worth at least 5-6 TC. A canister that did the same thing would be at least that expensive too. My problem is though, this feels like we're replacing a job specific traitor act with an uplink item.
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #34353

Dunno if this is thread derailing, but since we are talking about new tator items, what about a Derringer?
A tiny, two shot pistol already loaded with .357 AP ammo, so no kind of armor can soften a blow, and can take normal .357 ammo, but only two boolitz. Can fit in a pocket, a book, a box, toolbox, a wallet, you name it. This could be more of a weapon you use to break out of perma with. Like two shots crit, but aren't an insta-kill. It has to be reloaded every 2 shots, but does big boy boomstick damage.
It couldn't be abused because you'd have to reload every 2 shots, chances are you can't fill a hallway with bodies since people dodge bullets, and it's just to get you out of a pinch. .357 can be printed so there's that.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34363

Fragnostic wrote:Dunno if this is thread derailing, but since we are talking about new tator items, what about a Derringer?
A tiny, two shot pistol already loaded with .357 AP ammo, so no kind of armor can soften a blow, and can take normal .357 ammo, but only two boolitz. Can fit in a pocket, a book, a box, toolbox, a wallet, you name it. This could be more of a weapon you use to break out of perma with. Like two shots crit, but aren't an insta-kill. It has to be reloaded every 2 shots, but does big boy boomstick damage.
It couldn't be abused because you'd have to reload every 2 shots, chances are you can't fill a hallway with bodies since people dodge bullets, and it's just to get you out of a pinch. .357 can be printed so there's that.
As much as I'm lothe to get behind yet another tator gun, I could see this only on the condition that more ammunition couldn't be made. It would be a disposable panic gun. Priced to let you pull it with an uplink implant.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34373

I forgot our background fluff, sarin gas is a much better tweak of my idea.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #34399

Can we make Sarin a chemical reagent? Maybe a derivative of Lexorin?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34487

My main point is that using a canister to flood a room with SOMETHING is really only seen sometimes, but is a unique problem to come across that isn't too damaging to the station. It would also add reason for people to be a bit more suspicious of guys wearing gas masks for no obvious reason in rooms full of people.

Because frankly, I find it weird that so much of the crew has absolutely no problem with a guy wearing a gas mask while hanging out at the bar.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #34490

A unique sarin gas would be good because then you can poison people to death without also setting everything on fire.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34526

Jacquerel wrote:A unique sarin gas would be good because then you can poison people to death without also setting everything on fire.
I'm terrible at code, but this wouldn't be too hard to do would it? Also, maybe just make the particles green?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34549

QuartzCrystal wrote:My main point is that using a canister to flood a room with SOMETHING is really only seen sometimes, but is a unique problem to come across that isn't too damaging to the station. It would also add reason for people to be a bit more suspicious of guys wearing gas masks for no obvious reason in rooms full of people.

Because frankly, I find it weird that so much of the crew has absolutely no problem with a guy wearing a gas mask while hanging out at the bar.
I don's say anything usually in round about it but I'm always suspicious of them. Also, I tend to search gasmask chic scientists/greys more and more randomly than other station crew.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #34592

Jacquerel wrote:A unique sarin gas would be good because then you can poison people to death without also setting everything on fire.
What stops people from just wearing internals like with plasma?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #34601

Cipher3 wrote:
In real life, sarin and most other nerve agents only require skin contact. And usually, by the time you realize you've been exposed to VX or GB, you're already dead.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34604

Cipher3 wrote:
Nothing. But perhaps sarin gas could work fast enough that unless you're particularly fast or already wearing them already then sarin gonna at least knock you out?
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #34806

evil canisters that release sauron gas are a good idea
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #34907

Make it so you can attatch signalers and shit so you can remote release the toxin or use proximity sensors so when people come close they get blasted...maybe even sticking a voice changer to it could be rigged to a code word for release.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #34909

Miauw wrote:evil canisters that release sauron gas are a good idea
"Weird gas here in arriv-*cough cough* ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL"
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #34911

Cipher3 wrote:
Miauw wrote:evil canisters that release sauron gas are a good idea
"Weird gas here in arriv-*cough cough* ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL"
Add it.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #35233

We already have cyanide as a superdeadly regent that can't be produced in game, just tone that down a little for it to fit in fine.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #35293

Liquid sarin can also be absorbed through the skin and is even deadlier like that if say, a drop, were to fall on your arm. Maybe the kit should just give you a beaker/bottle/custom safety dispenser full of 50 units of Sarin. That way they can make a smoke chemnade or spray it.

And a bio hood+bio suit should protect against liquid absorbtion of sarin.
And if they survive, massive brain damage is reasonable. Maybe knockout after a while, makes you slow, and gives slow oxyloss?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #35298

Fragnostic wrote:Liquid sarin can also be absorbed through the skin and is even deadlier like that if say, a drop, were to fall on your arm. Maybe the kit should just give you a beaker/bottle/custom safety dispenser full of 50 units of Sarin. That way they can make a smoke chemnade or spray it.

And a bio hood+bio suit should protect against liquid absorbtion of sarin.
And if they survive, massive brain damage is reasonable. Maybe knockout after a while, makes you slow, and gives slow oxyloss?
The point of my item idea was so we had an item for traitors to quickly deal toxin damage to a room full of people (theoretically) without needing further access to job-specific parts of the station.

But if we're going to add in the sarin gas bomb, why not also add in a sarin gas bottle? It'd be the same price and give people the option to do more things with it that require more access.