Detoxify dispensers, manifest mutagen

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Detoxify dispensers, manifest mutagen

Post by Lazengann » #368932

Bottom post of the previous page:

cedarbridge wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:hahahaha look at all these botany mains whining about how they dont get mutagen spoonfed to them
It's more the sec/chem mains qqing when the botanists break in and steal chem machines because chem is always staffed by faggots
Are you being stupid on purpose? Botanists breaking into a department and stealing essential machinery for what is literally not essential to botany makes the victims of the theft the faggots? wew fucking lad
The virgin chemists vs the Chad botanists
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #368939

ShadowDimentio wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:hahahaha look at all these botany mains whining about how they dont get mutagen spoonfed to them
It's more the sec/chem mains qqing when the botanists break in and steal chem machines because chem is always staffed by faggots
why would i qq when i gulag everyone for 1k points for ruining chemistry's life and therefore my life because i moonlight in chemistry though :thonk: :thonk: :thonk:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #368940

Incomptinence wrote:The portable chem dispenser is restricted to the medical circuit printer.

I'm not even sure all maps have said circuit printer on them.

Code change to make people go wacko for the chem dispensers proper even more?
I'm sure the chemists are thrilled.
there's a pr up giving medical printers them but printers aren't evne mapped in, engineering right now can print it and will always* be able to print it.

* in the foreseeable future
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #369608

Hi if you want lots of mutagen bring the chemists 10 large beakers (legit the easiest thing to get in the world on most maps, cargo will normally let you in if you're on box to use the lathe) and just ask them to fill them. This has literally never failed for me and I have played a tonne of botany.

Botanists who steal chem dispensers literally just do not know how to ask nicely for something.

Also if you need saltpeter or cryox you are a coward.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #373206

Why is social interaction such a hard thing for you people to understand
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #373215

I blame that a hundred percent on chemists, slimy fucks wont even return my "hey, what up" and either give me the bare minimum mutagen or completely ignore me, then they have the nerve of going "waaaah waaaah muh snowflake unique machine got stolen by the big bad botanist."
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #373253

have you tried paging the cmo before breaking into chemistry
or have you tried something less conversational than "hey, what up"
because chemists don't rp

then again nobody does so forget about the cmo
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #373286

teepeepee wrote:I blame that a hundred percent on chemists, slimy fucks wont even return my "hey, what up" and either give me the bare minimum mutagen or completely ignore me, then they have the nerve of going "waaaah waaaah muh snowflake unique machine got stolen by the big bad botanist."
This is called "in-group bias." You feel justified because its your group doing the thing that's complained about and it must be somebody outside your group that is bad and causing it.

So basically this entire thread.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #374102

Science can destroy the station with bombs in the first 5-10 minutes of the round. Chemists can make all sorts of hellmixes or voice-activated last-resort grenades in 10-15 tops. Xeno can get plasma fire bombs in the second tier of slimes.

To do much of anything worthwhile in botany, it's going to take at least 20-30 minutes just to get the shit planted IF you have the dispenser. Seems like more than half the time, the shuttle is either just being called or about to arrive by the time you have anything useful for the station. I try to make strange reagent to speed up medbay revivals but at least 80% of the time, the round is basically over already. If there are ops, they'll typically be long gone before botany has something to fight them with. And then if you get antag, you get to gamble with just abandoning botany or potentially wasting your antag round when the shuttle gets called before you have your shit ready. I just really don't get everyone's hate for botany, it seems to me like one of the departments that takes the most time/work to do anything effective in.

I've been just asking nicely if I can use the spare dispenser if there are one or no chemists, but even then, chemists, being the complete asswipes that they tend to be, there have to be problems. Had a chemist lose his shit on me today when I asked Captain (because the jerkoff chemist just pretended like he wasn't there once I asked him) for the spare dispenser. Then he later came to botany to try and shoot me with a syringe gun when I had done literally nothing to chemistry but ASK for the spare dispenser.

But anyways, just put unstable mutagen and saltpeter in the bio-generator and be done with it.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #374252

I've thought more about it.
and I think, that saltpetreand mutagen need's to be in botany.Because:
1.It isn't fun for chemists to make all the botany shit.
2.It isn't fun for botanist to fuck with chemist, who don't want to fuck with him.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #374324

I miss when botany was the dudes that grew food and occasionally weed.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #374339

I'd add more beneficial plants. Right now you have many deadly plants, a ton of cooking ingredients and maybe 5 with healing or useful properties.

Of course people are gonna grow xXVALIDHUNTER420Xx lemons if the alternatives are underwhelming or boring.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #374344

Denton wrote:I'd add more beneficial plants. Right now you have many deadly plants, a ton of cooking ingredients and maybe 5 with healing or useful properties.

Of course people are gonna grow xXVALIDHUNTER420Xx lemons if the alternatives are underwhelming or boring.
In my day we grew wheat. And we liked it.
Selea

Post by Selea » #374346

You can tell whatever you want. But chenist still fon't want to fuck with botanist. Botanist don't want to fuck with chemist.
The one thing which could be done--make much of reactions which requires botany access. Also to make for chemist second dispencer. Which isn't producing chems,but storing them independently. A lot like smartfridge. But chemdispencer.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #374437

Selea wrote:You can tell whatever you want. But chenist still fon't want to fuck with botanist. Botanist don't want to fuck with chemist.
The one thing which could be done--make much of reactions which requires botany access. Also to make for chemist second dispencer. Which isn't producing chems,but storing them independently. A lot like smartfridge. But chemdispencer.
Making it easier to deliver chemicals to and from botany and chemistry would be really handy actually. Bluespace fridges?

I mean, how else will I safely deliver 4000 units of methamphetamine
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #374505

Zarniwoop wrote:Science can destroy the station with bombs in the first 5-10 minutes of the round. Chemists can make all sorts of hellmixes or voice-activated last-resort grenades in 10-15 tops. Xeno can get plasma fire bombs in the second tier of slimes.

To do much of anything worthwhile in botany, it's going to take at least 20-30 minutes just to get the shit planted IF you have the dispenser. Seems like more than half the time, the shuttle is either just being called or about to arrive by the time you have anything useful for the station. I try to make strange reagent to speed up medbay revivals but at least 80% of the time, the round is basically over already. If there are ops, they'll typically be long gone before botany has something to fight them with. And then if you get antag, you get to gamble with just abandoning botany or potentially wasting your antag round when the shuttle gets called before you have your shit ready. I just really don't get everyone's hate for botany, it seems to me like one of the departments that takes the most time/work to do anything effective in.

I've been just asking nicely if I can use the spare dispenser if there are one or no chemists, but even then, chemists, being the complete asswipes that they tend to be, there have to be problems. Had a chemist lose his shit on me today when I asked Captain (because the jerkoff chemist just pretended like he wasn't there once I asked him) for the spare dispenser. Then he later came to botany to try and shoot me with a syringe gun when I had done literally nothing to chemistry but ASK for the spare dispenser.

But anyways, just put unstable mutagen and saltpeter in the bio-generator and be done with it.
I don't mean to undermine your point, I'm a greentider through and through and share in the sentiment of mutagen and saltpetre needing to be more easily available; but even I gotta recognise you don't really need a long round to bust out pottasium water grenades (holy water, even, if you have mutagen) to either fight ops or go postal (I allah ackbar heads all the time on rev). Just as you said though, the really good things about botany, fun projects like teslium+water plants and stuff have such a long time restriction that unless strange seed genes cooperate you wouldn't see them more often even with mutagen in the biogenerator.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #374507

Dr_bee wrote:
Selea wrote:You can tell whatever you want. But chenist still fon't want to fuck with botanist. Botanist don't want to fuck with chemist.
Making it easier to deliver chemicals to and from botany and chemistry would be really handy actually. Bluespace fridges?

You already have package wrap and package taggers. Nobody uses them, but they exist and they're pretty damn neat.
Zarniwoop

Post by Zarniwoop » #374835

Eh, I've had explosive bananas randomly mutate out the separated chems trait and kill me on harvest(or maybe I'm a dumbass and didn't put it in but I'm 99% certain I did). I've also had them just spontaneously go off in my bag, not sure what set them off, if anything. Not to mention they don't seem particularly THAT strong. Holy explosions I'll give you but seems like you have to throw 3 or 4 of max potency, densified chem bananas at a person before they go down. Compared to the examples given in toxins, xeno and chem, explosive bananas are much less reliable or robust.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #374978

Zarniwoop wrote:Eh, I've had explosive bananas randomly mutate out the separated chems trait and kill me on harvest(or maybe I'm a dumbass and didn't put it in but I'm 99% certain I did). I've also had them just spontaneously go off in my bag, not sure what set them off, if anything. Not to mention they don't seem particularly THAT strong. Holy explosions I'll give you but seems like you have to throw 3 or 4 of max potency, densified chem bananas at a person before they go down. Compared to the examples given in toxins, xeno and chem, explosive bananas are much less reliable or robust.
The problem is usually just how many that botany can produce. Botany has a warm up period but no one can match the amount of chems/bombs that can be produced by botany.

I mean that is kind of why people use genetically modified plants in real life but it is still kind of hilarious how fast the station can be filled with bluespace banana peels on a good day.
Zarniwoop

Post by Zarniwoop » #375039

But adding mutagen and saltpetre to the biogenerator barely has any effect on that warm-up at all. They still have to wait to get enough bio-fuel to make the stuff and have to dedicate time and effort to pumping out fuel for it. As for how much time and effort, that can be easily tweaked with pricing.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #375128

I've been avoiding this thread but I finally read it today and yeah it was as stupid as I first thought it was gonna be but generally replying to some posts so this isn't a shitpost:
Selea wrote:I've thought more about it.
and I think, that saltpetreand mutagen need's to be in botany.Because:
1.It isn't fun for chemists to make all the botany shit.
2.It isn't fun for botanist to fuck with chemist, who don't want to fuck with him.
1. That's their job, and even then we have macros now. They don't have an excuse.
2. Conflict is good for the game and I don't think we should be removing that especially when the interactions (sometimes conflicts) are between departments
Anonmare wrote:Why is social interaction such a hard thing for you people to understand
yeah
cedarbridge wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

You already have package wrap and package taggers. Nobody uses them, but they exist and they're pretty damn neat.
this post is pretty hilarious, requiring the botanist to go to cargo, convince someone to let him into the tagging area, then sending it around the station when they could save most of their walk just putting them in the chem dispenser at chemistry. we really need to fix up delivery system
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #375153

cedarbridge wrote:
Denton wrote:I'd add more beneficial plants. Right now you have many deadly plants, a ton of cooking ingredients and maybe 5 with healing or useful properties.

In my day we grew wheat. And we liked it.
>mfw the worst hijinks the botanists got up to was growing weed and running from the cops/putting bananas in the hallway

now people want to bypass the player interaction in the game based around player interaction
Limey wrote:its too late.
Selea

Post by Selea » #375194

1. That's their job, and even then we have macros now. They don't have an excuse.
2. Conflict is good for the game and I don't think we should be removing that especially when the interactions (sometimes conflicts) are between departments
1.They have limited dispencer charge.
2.Okay.Let's remove all public autolathes and put special room with HOP-like place for queue,autolathe and special autolathe operator.As well there should be placed omnilathe.
Also everyone should print special cargo-like request, which should be approved by guy in lathe room,QM and dept head. Then this request can be sticked into lathe to print needed thing. And all resouce costs should be raised.
Conflict and interaction is good,right?
Why this guy even needed?To manage angry queue,for conflict and interaction.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #375259

Selea wrote:
1.They have limited dispencer charge.
2.Okay.Let's remove all public autolathes and put special room with HOP-like place for queue,autolathe and special autolathe operator.As well there should be placed omnilathe.
Also everyone should print special cargo-like request, which should be approved by guy in lathe room,QM and dept head. Then this request can be sticked into lathe to print needed thing. And all resouce costs should be raised.
Conflict and interaction is good,right?
Why this guy even needed?To manage angry queue,for conflict and interaction.
1. you argued it wasn't fun, not that they'd run out of charge. but it's literally one button to pour out 100u of unstable mutagen. you're arguing not my argument
2. this is not an argument sweetie take 5
Mark9013100
Byond Username: Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #375283

Armhulen wrote:this post is pretty hilarious, requiring the botanist to go to cargo, convince someone to let him into the tagging area, then sending it around the station when they could save most of their walk just putting them in the chem dispenser at chemistry. we really need to fix up delivery system
On baystation, all departments get a locker full of wrapping paper and a destination tagger.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #375295

Mark9013100 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:this post is pretty hilarious, requiring the botanist to go to cargo, convince someone to let him into the tagging area, then sending it around the station when they could save most of their walk just putting them in the chem dispenser at chemistry. we really need to fix up delivery system
On baystation, all departments get a locker full of wrapping paper and a destination tagger.
i remember trying a server where every important room gets a mail chute. hmmmm!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #375308

Armhulen wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

this post is pretty hilarious, requiring the botanist to go to cargo, convince someone to let him into the tagging area, then sending it around the station when they could save most of their walk just putting them in the chem dispenser at chemistry. we really need to fix up delivery system
That's not what I meant, really. I actually attempted twice to make a PR to add a tagger and wrapping paper to R&D (when R&D was the go-to for science related goodies and we didn't have these departmental lathe gizmos) and to chemistry. Taggers use the sorters that are built into the disposal system and botany is downstream from chemistry. All it would take is for botany to request console/PDA/radio/walk to the counter and ask an order from chem for <thing>, chem makes the thing, wraps it and tosses the wrapped order into the trash bin with a botany tag on it and boom, the botany trash bin poops out their gift wrapped bottles of whatever. As it exists currently the only taggers on any of the maps are in cargo. The only reason I didn't add them when I tried is I'm terrible at map edits and map merging is hard.