PopulationMax Antagonist roles (lowpop antags)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
the_shrouded_lord
Byond Username: Theshroudedlord

PopulationMax Antagonist roles (lowpop antags)

Post by the_shrouded_lord » #377869

For a long time now, my favorite antagonist role, the devil, has been relegated to a once in a blue moon TC trade novelty. I personally cannot stand this, however I have a solution.

Devils are an antag that have long bee nrelegated to shit status because of their focus on roleplay and cooperation of other players to not validhunt them immediately, IE, highpop servers will be their death. HOWEVER, lowpop servers do not have any sort of special antagonist that shows up ONLY during lowpop.

What I propose is a new type of antagonist criteria that does not use a pupulation minimum value, but rather a population maximum. Antags such as the devil, the nightmare, the revenant, and even new antags added later down the road would make up an interesting dynamic to the more slow paced, calm, and often RP filled lowpop rounds. I really do think that this would be a welcome addition to the tg antagonist system.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: PopulationMax Antagonist roles (lowpop antags)

Post by kevinz000 » #377870

you're joking right?
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #377874

I'll write some of what I wrote ingame here too. Currently, when you play on "low pop", the mode rotation looks like this.
Obviously nobody wants to play gamemodes that are horribly unbalanced in low pop, but this still feels like it lacks in variety. Therefore, my suggestion was to implement a maximum players cap for gamemodes, and make some alternative gamemodes balanced specifically around low population (which usually entails few Security players, few Heads of Staff, no AI).
These could be alternative forms of current antags that are gimped in some manner, or completely different antags that don't work on higher population for whatever reason (like Devil). I'm not entirely sure what modified lowpop versions of regular modes might look like yet, which is a problem. If they're changed too drastically, it might be unintuitive to convey the differences. Just wanted to make it clear that it's not just about finding an excuse to put Devil in rotation.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #377881

devil doesn't work on any pop my friend
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #377899

Devil relies on RP, which people can't do.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #377926

solution: force medium rp
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #377983

the problem with devils isn't the rp reliance necessarily, it's that they give every crewman and their mother fireball/hulk/invincibility for basically free
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #377999

You know nightmares have no rp requirement.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #378018

neither do devils. it just needs roleplay to be fun but in reality it's "hey have free meme powers"
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?