Bring back fat sprites

A place to record your ideas for the game.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Bring back fat sprites

Post by kosmos » #40456

This idea was presented in a thread which imho should be addressed here. Apparently fatness is still functional and exists in the game, it's just not visible because (correct me if I'm wrong) there were bandwidth issues anyone couldn't be arsed to make all the fat-versions of every possible clothing.

Could it be possible to bring fat sprites back without a humongous amount of work or sacrificing bandwidth (like through stretching the sprites or something)?

Fat sprites would promote roleplaying ( :!: ), like lizardpeople and jumpsuit rolling, which were good visual additions, this would similarly create more dynamic and unique characters/situations, especially with the new gang mode, we need Fat Dons and chubby security chasing them!
Last edited by kosmos on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Re: Bring back fat sprites

Post by QuartzCrystal » #40494

I miss being able to gobble Pun Pun down into my big fat belly.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #40540

You can still do that.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #40553

I'm pretty sure the bandwidth thing is bullshit, it's the lack of sprites. a BUNCH of things didn't have correct fat sprites, so the entire thing was scrapped instead of forcing someone to draw 100+ fat suits.
私は完璧
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #40556

Remie Richards wrote:it's the lack of sprites. a BUNCH of things didn't have correct fat sprites, so the entire thing was scrapped instead of forcing someone to draw 100+ fat suits.
Its this.

Basically any thing that would be added in the future would have to have a secondary set of fat sprites, and someone to draw fat versions of all the things we currently DON'T have fat versions of.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #40583

Force fatties to be naked, drop all clothes when becoming naked.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #40585

A year ago I did it. But year ago, still like this today, I didn't like the feature personally and only did all the sprite for it to prove that I could do it. It's pretty easy if you have time.
Hey.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #40595

Requiring special XXL jumpsuits that have to be ordered through cargo would be great and hilarious.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40634

I still remember a thing about people becoming fat while in a RIG or spess suit would break the suit and expose them to space. Why you'd be stuffing your face while wiring the solars I don't know but its a nice addition and might cut down on the number of jumpsuits/uniforms etc that need to actually be skinned.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #40700

What is it with everyone's obsession with fatsprites? Jesus it's the /tg/ equivalent of poo.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40714

MisterPerson wrote:What is it with everyone's obsession with fatsprites? Jesus it's the /tg/ equivalent of poo.
Stop fatshaming and check your thin privilege.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #40716

eat a salad, fatty
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #40754

MisterPerson wrote:What is it with everyone's obsession with fatsprites? Jesus it's the /tg/ equivalent of poo.
My "obsession" is simply because muh realisms, but that's just my opinion.
How do you find fat sprites equivalent of poo? Do you think they're similarly grotesque or a taboo? Would it take something away from gameplay? If it took in the past, the monkey-eating and such features would have probably been removed as well, but eating monkeys whole is still a thing and isn't ruining our gameplay.

Since we just had lizardpeople added in because roleplaying, I can't see how a visual addition like fat sprites wouldn't serve the same purpose.

And apparently Nienhaus has already done the sprites, awesome!
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #40884

kosmos wrote:apparently Nienhaus has already done the sprites, awesome!
If you looked at what I said, I personally don't like the feature and see no point in me personally doing more sprites. Also you think I'm going to save sprites from a year ago. If anyone does want to sprite this however, it's not hard you just have to have a lot of time.
Hey.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40886

kosmos wrote:
How do you find fat sprites equivalent of poo? Do you think they're similarly grotesque or a taboo? Would it take something away from gameplay? If it took in the past, the monkey-eating and such features would have probably been removed as well, but eating monkeys whole is still a thing and isn't ruining our gameplay.

Since we just had lizardpeople added in because roleplaying, I can't see how a visual addition like fat sprites wouldn't serve the same purpose.

And apparently Nienhaus has already done the sprites, awesome!
Frankly, if you're going to make them and then limit them to XXL jumpsuits and cause others to break (as they should) then all you really need to sprite is the XXL suits (on fat people and not fat people) and a naked fatman sprite. I honestly don't want to imagine fat lizards but I suppose they'd have to be taken into account now too.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #40920

kosmos wrote:
Because they're both le funny epic joke xD

miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #40931

Violaceus wrote:>opinions
holy shit im agreeing with violaceus
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #41366

Not happening