Buff Viruses

A place to record your ideas for the game.
deathhoof

Buff Viruses

Post by deathhoof » #37417

Proposed Changes:
-Increase the stealth of all virus symptoms that are in the negative for stealth by one stealth point so that its possible to make invisible viruses with more types of symptoms.
-Make it clear to virologists that they need to toggle the eyedropper to one drop.
-Increase brute damage for blood vomit.
-Add hemorrhaging symptom which should force contact spread type and cause minor brute damage.
-Add gene-phage symptom so that a virus can cause minor clone damage.
-Add nervous system override symptom. This symptom would make the body produce synaptizine which would make the body highly resistant to stuns, but this can easily be the most lethal symptom if not paired with toxin filter.
-buff every stat in longevity by one so that people will actually use it more.
-buff longevity so that it lasts longer before fizzing out so that people will actually use it more.
-make a transmission rating of higher than 6 able to penetrate all protective gear.
deathhoof

Re: Buff Viruses

Post by deathhoof » #37435

Violaceus wrote:Isn't longevity just fluff "you do not age now, yay"?
you're thinking of ethernal youth
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #37450

Necrosis needs a big buff too. Right now it does 5 brute damage each tick, and takes forever to kill someone. It also has such terrible stats that you cannot make it very resistant without adding Longevity, which ruins the disease.

Virology sucks for actually killing lots of people. The higher level lethal symptoms just take too long to kill people, even if you stack them in 3 different diseases. The cures are easy as hell to make. Silver/Gold is the only hard stuff, but you cannot make a disease that resistant and have Necrosis. Any disease that requires anything less than Silver/Gold to cure will be cured in no time. So stealth is better than resistance, but a super stealthy disease will almost always be cured by nutriment, because the symptoms with good stealth stats have horrible resistance stats.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #37479

They already do that. You can make 3 diseases with cough, vomit and blood vomiting symptoms and drive players nuts as they constantly get stunned and drop stuff. But that is cheesy as hell. You should be able to make diseases that can actually kill people.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #37580

GBS, wizarditis and brainrot, bring them back
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37620

callanrockslol wrote:GBS, wizarditis and brainrot, bring them back
One of these is already in the Lv 7 event rotation. The others exist in the code.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #37794

Choking is pretty good. Probably missed my chance to actually have fun as a traitor virologist back in the day because I was always seeking plasma tier junk like necro, before you know free plasma and 1ml reactions. Don't think I ever mentioned it but my futile efforts to murder everyone with diseases before WHELP SOME ASS BOMBED SINGULO WE GONE are pretty much the reason I have solo antags off now. Nothing crushes me more than seeing my lovely plague spread and no one even notices it is killing them before the shuttle arrives at centcom.
CocaneStyle
Byond Username: CocaneStyle

Post by CocaneStyle » #39199

Trying to rebalance all the virus symptoms starting with levels, looking for feedback.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #39204

I'm all for virology buffs.

By the way does the level of the symptom affect anything else than the reagent required?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #39437

Just effects reagent required. Good to see some thought going into virology after a long stagnation. Noticed something a tad unusual, level 5 choking diseases eventually kill monkeys but self afflicting as a human I barely see my health drop from full even if I have the same infection time as the monkeys.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #39491

Violaceus wrote:In my opinion viruses shouldnt be buffed to kill people faster, but to annoy and debuff them.

Like slower moving, occasionally passing out, etc.
I agree, I'd rather see stuff that damages me than this shit that makes me drop my things casually.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #39516

leibniz wrote:
Violaceus wrote:In my opinion viruses shouldnt be buffed to kill people faster, but to annoy and debuff them.

I agree, I'd rather see stuff that damages me than this shit that makes me drop my things casually.
I think you misread his post.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #39530

Erbbu wrote:
leibniz wrote:

I think you misread his post.
I guess I did, it was around 4 am for me.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #39602

Blood vomiting caps off at 50 damage last I read the code.

Choking, humans regenerate o2 internally so fast that even multiple choking infections don't touch them. 100% health 90% of the time.

Leaving one properly deadly symptom, necro, the disease crippler.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #39631

The very least the coders should do is remove the blood vommit cap and increase the length of the time for which choking blocks air.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #39648

Incomptinence wrote:Blood vomiting caps off at 50 damage last I read the code.

Choking, humans regenerate o2 internally so fast that even multiple choking infections don't touch them. 100% health 90% of the time.

Leaving one properly deadly symptom, necro, the disease crippler.
Choking actually has a chance to cause some considerable damage, I'm not sure what causes it to proc quickly and chain for a very quick 30-40 damage. But that's not saying much if you're not already practically dead. Diseases are more a large hindrance of constant vomiting,dropping,and going blind.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #39669

Yeah very lethal on monkeys. Not so much on humans.
Cham

Post by Cham » #40073

Yeah, virology needs some serious love. I'd be all for buffs and renovations to the current system.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #42692

seriously tho. Coders please atleast tweak the damage tick times on existing symptoms
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #42693

Isn't Remie looking into viro revamp?
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #42699

"looking into" is the vaguest thing ever. Its just a different way to say "i might do this if i have any motivation to do so", which usually ends up with coders not doing it or leaving it as a half-finished concept.

Easier to just buff a few numbers with the current symptoms, no?
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #42707

Alex Crimson wrote:"looking into" is the vaguest thing ever. Its just a different way to say "i might do this if i have any motivation to do so", which usually ends up with coders not doing it or leaving it as a half-finished concept.
What the hell do you expect from people who spend their free time on this? I suggest you go ahead and code it yourself then. Nothing stops you from doing that.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #42717

Alex Crimson wrote:"looking into" is the vaguest thing ever. Its just a different way to say "i might do this if i have any motivation to do so", which usually ends up with coders not doing it or leaving it as a half-finished concept.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/5545

hi
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #42722

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
What the hell do you expect from people who spend their free time on this? I suggest you go ahead and code it yourself then. Nothing stops you from doing that.
I expect nothing from them. They code for SS13 because they want to. When they add cool things i sing their praises. When they do something i dont like i tell them. What do you want from me? Because some guys i do not know choose to do something for free i should take their declarations as a promise to change the game? hornygranny once said in-game that he would think about Aliens as a game mode after the server had a little discussion about it in OOC, but i sure as hell am not going to hold him to anything, or expect anything.

Numbers said he was doing a Chemistry re-work, but apparently he stopped working on it? Im sure there are plenty of other examples of coders saying they are going to do something, then not do it.

@Cheridan yes i saw that a while ago, but it doesnt buff viruses, does it? I assumed it was just some framework/cleaning up, not new features or buffs. Certainly not a revamp of the disease system.