Admin AI holopad

A place to record your ideas for the game.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Admin AI holopad

Post by WJohnston » #35829

I think it'd be cool if there were a unique holopad that admins could spawn in. If admins click on it they would be given a prompt of what to appear as (centcomm admiral/official, syndie, ai hologram and a bunch of other things), all in hologram visuals, followed by choosing your name. This'd be a nice IC way or relaying information to players without subtle messaging them constantly, and would be less of a one-way conversation.

The current method of doing this takes a fair bit of setup by making an AI core, putting ourselves in it, and then being restricted to default ai looks for using holopads. You also run the risk of having borgs slaved to you and that's real bad.
Apparently I was an director or something.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Re: Admin AI holopad

Post by QuartzCrystal » #35842

WJohnston wrote:I think it'd be cool if there were a unique holopad that admins could spawn in. If admins click on it they would be given a prompt of what to appear as (centcomm admiral/official, syndie, ai hologram and a bunch of other things), all in hologram visuals, followed by choosing your name. This'd be a nice IC way or relaying information to players without subtle messaging them constantly, and would be less of a one-way conversation.

The current method of doing this takes a fair bit of setup by making an AI core, putting ourselves in it, and then being restricted to default ai looks for using holopads. You also run the risk of having borgs slaved to you and that's real bad.
As an admin who likes to roleplay with command and relay information, this is such a good fucking idea. Only addition is allowing us to also appear as a clown.

Fucking genius.

EDIT: And corgis. Nothing would bring me more delight to relay "BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK YIP" to Ian and then have him casually leave the room as a human walks in.
Last edited by QuartzCrystal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #35846

I really like the sound of this. I was thinking of something like this the other day too, I would definitely be a frequent user of this.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #35863

Should be pretty easy to do once there are sprites of holo-centcomm.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #36161

I'm gonna bump this every week until someone codes this.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #36268

From my understanding this is also called:

Admin Help
Emagged Communication Console
The rare "heard" prayer
Regular Communication Console
Cent Comm Update

If anything make the book checkout double for a email service to ask cent comm for stupid shit and if shitcurity is on a all time rise a inspection, good way to get a completely incompetent captain fired via mutiny without fear of an temp job ban. Emagged works like a Emagged Console but has a chance of failing and if failed it alerts the crew that a encrypted messased at <computer> in <location> was detected.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #36287

srifenbyxp wrote:From my understanding this is also called:

Admin Help
Emagged Communication Console
The rare "heard" prayer
Regular Communication Console
Cent Comm Update

If anything make the book checkout double for a email service to ask cent comm for stupid shit and if shitcurity is on a all time rise a inspection, good way to get a completely incompetent captain fired via mutiny without fear of an temp job ban. Emagged works like a Emagged Console but has a chance of failing and if failed it alerts the crew that a encrypted messased at <computer> in <location> was detected.
^Officially hates fun roleplaying^
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #39571

Bumping this.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #41258

If someone steps up to code and implement them I'll give them all the high fives.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #43639

BUMP.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #43670

You can bump it when the feature freeze is over