The Freezer Room

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

The Freezer Room

Post by Sheodir » #538759

Now that cloning is gone

*dancing crabs*

The extra space can be used for a walk in freezer for Medical where organs and body parts could be stored and organ decay halted. Specially good for Decap cases.

The smart fridge is fine but not as good as a cool walk in freezer storage that'd keep organs toasty and functional. If there's an issue with making cold preserve organs (space would be a preserver like this) could have it have some kind of cryo-like chamber to store organs and body parts in.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Re: The Freezer Room

Post by Aeri » #538954

Sheodir wrote:keep organs toasty and functional
SIlly man, a freezer does precisely the opposite of that
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539107

Aeri wrote:
Sheodir wrote:keep organs toasty and functional
SIlly man, a freezer does precisely the opposite of that
I guess it keeps them chilly and non rotting, but point stands

DOES low temp actually halt organ decay atm? Because if so spess would halt it and I don't think it does, so it might be tied to the smart fridge and particular items
UrsoTheLobster
Byond Username: UrsoTheLobster

Post by UrsoTheLobster » #539891

i think the space where cloning was gone like the huge ass morgue in meta and a room full of beds in other maps is being used as a placeholder for psychology which might be test merged some time soon but dont quote me on this im just saying from what i have heard
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #540426

it'd be neat to make the kitchen freezer actually cold (to the point of eventually killing you) and giving the chef warm clothes that counter it

cue stripping people and building a disposal chute to dunk people in there for a horrible fate
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #540472

there is already an organ storage machine that keeps them cold
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #540477

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:there is already an organ storage machine that keeps them cold
The organ storage machine can't store full corpses. Plus this is about using all that extra space Medbay now has.
Screemonster wrote:it'd be neat to make the kitchen freezer actually cold (to the point of eventually killing you) and giving the chef warm clothes that counter it

cue stripping people and building a disposal chute to dunk people in there for a horrible fate
As someone who's been in a kitchen the fact that freezer not only isn't cold but has fridges in it never made any sense
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #540483

Screemonster wrote:it'd be neat to make the kitchen freezer actually cold (to the point of eventually killing you) and giving the chef warm clothes that counter it

Didn’t we fucking do that
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #540592

Sheodir wrote:As someone who's been in a kitchen the fact that freezer not only isn't cold but has fridges in it never made any sense
Meta and one or two other stations actually feature a freezer system in the freezer room that will absolutely wreck lizards without cold protection. It is hilarious.
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #540677

Wait, I thought morgue boxes preserved corpses?