Security borg gun replacement

A place to record your ideas for the game.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Security borg gun replacement

Post by qwert » #54770

Replace the tazer of security borg with disabler, this makes them less of instant gg no re.

P.S Yes, I lose to them, when I dont have flashbang in my pocket or ion rifle and ablative vest.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Re: Security borg gun replacement

Post by Phalanx300 » #54806

Or make Borgs entirely custom made. Requiring real items to be placed in the borg chassis to make them use it. Make it so research unlocks more items you can use for borgs. Not sure why this isn't a thing already, having only premade borgs is boring and it doesn't need to be. Imagine a traitor hacking a borg and putting some traitor items in it etc. Lot of potential.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #54807

Phalanx300 wrote:Or make Borgs entirely custom made. Requiring real items to be placed in the borg chassis to make them use it. Make it so research unlocks more items you can use for borgs. Not sure why this isn't a thing already, having only premade borgs is boring and it doesn't need to be. Imagine a traitor hacking a borg and putting some traitor items in it etc. Lot of potential.
So essentially mech equipment but for borgs as well?

Not a bad idea, but the mineral cost of the borg versus its equipment will need some balancing.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #54808

Phalanx300 wrote:Or make Borgs entirely custom made. Requiring real items to be placed in the borg chassis to make them use it. Make it so research unlocks more items you can use for borgs. Not sure why this isn't a thing already, having only premade borgs is boring and it doesn't need to be. Imagine a traitor hacking a borg and putting some traitor items in it etc. Lot of potential.
As long as you make shit for engiborg in one big combination item like "Toolbox Suite" so you don't have to find a full toolbox of shit, RCD, multitool, and jam all that shit into the borg before you brain it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #54836

Yeah I wouldn't mind borg contruction being more resource intensive considering they shit out metal and tools like no problem.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.