Attach Silicon Laws to the Mind

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Attach Silicon Laws to the Mind

Post by PKPenguin321 » #56731

I was digging through some old forum threads and found this post (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 004#p20463) in a thread about if a wizard should follow laws if it mindswaps into a borg or the AI.

The post itself says to attach laws to the mind instead of the body, so if a silicon became human somehow (mindswap, staff of change, deconstruction > brain into a cadaver > cloning), it would retain it's laws and continue to have to follow them. If a human managed to get into a borg's already existing body (pretty sure this would only be possible through mindswap or maybe staff of change), they wouldn't get stuck with laws. Newly created borgs would have to still get laws, of course.

Downside would be some serious code rewriting or something to that effect, but the upsides are fun situations with law-bound humans and code compatibility for potential future additions (like a traitor implanter that gives the target a custom law, virology symptom that makes you get an ion law, admin silliness, traitor AIs slaving humans to them, etc). I think this would be a lot of fun, if it's not too difficult to add. Thoughts?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Attach Silicon Laws to the Mind

Post by MisterPerson » #56737

Why would anything other than a silicon get a law? Why would a new cyborg not have laws just because of how it was made? That's silly.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #56740

Nah.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #56749

Well if you want an IC reason for things other than silicons to have laws you could just say the borg bodies just apply laws to the brain and the technology stays in the brain even after it's removed from the borg. Really, this is just to resolve the "wizard mindswapping into borg" issue in the thread I mentioned, but I also thought it might be cool to expand it a bit.

I guess I could live without since it would mainly add to the chaos of a wizard round, but I still think it would be a fun feature with a lot of potential.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #56790

Give a borg ROBOCOP and turn them back into a fully-augmented human for maximum "I AM THE LAW".

best feature.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.