Idea for cmo.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Idea for cmo.

Post by kieth4 » #581431

Hi guys.
The idea is to give the cmo an app on his tablet that allows him to do advanced surgery from his tablet instead of an operating computer. Not sure how hard this would be to code or if even possible but it would be beneficial. Cmo at the moment doesn't really feel like he has a place in the medbay(in my view anyway) everyone does their job and cmo is often left at the sidelines, the whole medbay is set up by docs, chemists make their chems with no help needed ect. They function as a normal doctor with no real uniqueness to the role. This change could allow for him to move around treating high priority crew members without having to drag them half way across the station to do so. Could also set up an impromptu healing station during antags such as revs/cult with ease. It will also add benefit to the tablet which at the moment is in 99/100 cases discarded as it is useless to have in the inventory. Feel like the only issue with this would be coding it but I'm no coder.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Idea for cmo.

Post by RaveRadbury » #581437

The uniqueness is that its a command role. Heads filling in on unstaffed positions is cool and all but if you have a full department you can just supervise and engage the rest of the command staff. That's management for ya~
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Re: Idea for cmo.

Post by kieth4 » #581440

RaveRadbury wrote:The uniqueness is that its a command role. Heads filling in on unstaffed positions is cool and all but if you have a full department you can just supervise and engage the rest of the command staff. That's management for ya~
That's true, I just think this would add more to the role as a whole. Especially on lrp where it's chaotic most of the time and engaging the command staff doesn't happen too often.