neck snapping and Mining drone speed upgrades

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

neck snapping and Mining drone speed upgrades

Post by Tohg7. » #583112

I've recently came up with an idea, since Strangling in SS13 is rarely used strangleholds should either be buffed to make the recipient helpless or a Neck Snap feature should be added, how the necksnap would work is first you go into a level 2 or 3 grab, then while in that level 2 or 3 grab, go to harm intent, target the head and click on the other player, after that, their neck should be snapped and they would be paralyzed for 20 to 30 seconds, allowing ample time for a stranglehold, level 2 neck-snaps would paralyze for 5 seconds and deal 30 brute damage and would require a 2 second loading bar to complete, where as the level 3 neck-snap would be instant. Another idea i've been thinking of is giving The Mining point vendor two Mining drone speed upgrades called "Overdrive Chassis" and "Hyperdrive Chassis", what The Overdrive Chassis upgrade would do is make the mining drone as fast as a freshly-spawned player when installed, the Hyperdrive Chassis upgrade would make the drone faster than a fresh-spawned player to the point where the drone can catch up to the player slowly even if the drone is moving diagonally, The Overdrive and Hyperdrive upgrades would cost 750 and 900 mining points respectively, the only downside is that only one of the speed upgrades would be able to be installed at a time, These upgrades would allow for sentient mining drones to be more effective at Valid-hunting for example. I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on these two ideas i came up with, i'm looking forward to getting feedback on this. :mrgreen:

P.S. If a neck snap addition or stranglehold buff is not favorable to be added, it would be a good idea to add a headbutt attack (aggro grab a player then click on them with harm intent while targeting the eyes, deals 25 blunt damage to the other player and puts players into stamcrit easily, but has a chance to deal self-blunt damage) instead along with Doing Passive/Aggressive grabs while targeting a player's leg preventing the player from moving away unless they resist, (which has an 50% chance of success), using clicking on the grabbed player with harm intent while targeting a leg would give the attack message of "[Playername] Shows [Player2name]'s no mercy!" and deals 20 brute damage to the targeted leg and has a 50% chance of causing limping
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Re: neck snapping and Mining drone speed upgrades

Post by thehogshotgun » #583185

this isn't baystation