Computer consoles and cyborgs upgrades

A place to record your ideas for the game.
panvxv
Byond Username: Panvxv

Computer consoles and cyborgs upgrades

Post by panvxv » #596955

I think few know about this but you can insert disk to computer consoles,tablets,laptops and install apps on a disk, remove it and insert it to cyborg giving him all the apps that work on tablet.

So apps like security cameras app won't work on borgs as this app only work I think computers and laptops, when you want to install it on tablet through software Hub it will show: "Incompatible".
And there is my first idea: let change Incompatible to download and when you will want to start an app that is Incompatible it will just not open.

You are probably asking yourself why changing this when you still can't use it. Then cyborgs come to play. With this change apps like Lifeline can be downloaded on Computers and installed on cyborg through disks.

This can open new job for roboticists-uploading apps on cyborgs through disks and computers!

Second idea: more apps and removetion upgrades for borgs like Crew monitor for Medborg. As for more apps I am letting this to you as I (mostly Medborg player) have just one for now: crew monitor app.

With this and Lifeline you don't need anymore Crew monitor upgrade for Medborg and as now it is hard to get those medborg upgrades when you need to analyze so many slime cores and all of them are just in one note in techtree.
This idea will give borgs upgrades that can be uploaded much sooner.

Once again I encourage you to post your apss ideas, they can be basic apps as crew monitor and crazy ones as those could be only available when you researched them. And remember those apps can be useful not only for cyborgs but also for our fellow crew members :superhappy:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Computer consoles and cyborgs upgrades

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603632

bump, because this idea sounds like a good idea for borg Main's also games?
Living God

Extraordinary Person