library Desk Ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

library Desk Ideas

Post by NikNakFlak » #62050

It may seem like a small idea for a small job but whatever. The librarian desk right now is a useless, if not annoying object in game. It doesn't do anything, it can't be moved through in-game means, and it clogs up the special librarian cave, and there is nothing you can do about it because it can't be moved.

So on top of making it movable, what should the damn thing do? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a snowflakey librarian thing like something having to do with paper or books somehow, but anything could work. I'm just tired of it being useless, so share some ideas.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: library Desk Ideas

Post by Saegrimr » #62053

Wasn't there a ouija board somewhere in code?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #62085

One small thing it could do is analyze a tome and tell the librarian what spells could be cast with the knowledge in the book. May give security an idea of what they might be dealing with.
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #62096

Making it useful as a cultist objective doesn't really help make the desk useful outside of cult rounds.

Honestly just remove it or add some non-rp function to the nerdlibrarian and make it involve the desk. Some cult-lite ability and fluffing them as 'occultists' might work.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #62097

Saegrimr wrote:Wasn't there a ouija board somewhere in code?
occult librarian 2015
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #62152

1/100 chance of containing a Death Note. If anyone besides the librarian tries to interact with the desk, that hilariously elaborate trap whatshisface came up with sets the entire room on fire. Or you know, one of the currently existing freaky wizzardbooks.

Also, the Librarian becomes the poet they deserved, but not the one they should have sent.

Click on his desk, and after a couple seconds it auto-generates piece of paper with a haiku.

Emag it, and the poem can be used like a cultist stun rune talisman, because of how bad it is.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #62155

Balut wrote:1/100 chance of containing a Death Note. If anyone besides the librarian tries to interact with the desk, that hilariously elaborate trap whatshisface came up with
Light yagami
私は完璧
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #62165

Balut wrote:Click on his desk, and after a couple seconds it auto-generates piece of paper with a haiku.

Emag it, and the poem can be used like a cultist stun rune talisman, because of how bad it is.
Vorgon poetry.

Death note is a fucking terrible idea. Giving a complex way to research lesser wizard/cult powers like Ei NathHorsemask on WAY longer cooldowns might be interesting.

Perhaps the bookshelves spawn with 5-10 books per shelf (randomly selected from the archive), and the librarian can 'decode' them at the desk, trying to find some ancient secret hidden in the text. If they decipher the right book, they get a spellbook. Librarian spells should be useful and flavorful, but not reaching OP levels.

One spell might be SSSSHHHHHH, which mutes everyone in sight... for about 3 seconds/only in library.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #62173

the sh spell should just come with being a librarian
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #62231

It should come with librarian stuff, such as duck tape, fringe magnets, and markers.

Speaking of more librarian stuff, a rocking chair would be great, so badass grannys can come onto the station.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #62234

TrustyGun wrote:It should come with librarian stuff, such as duck tape, fringe magnets, and markers.

Speaking of more librarian stuff, a rocking chair would be great, so badass grannys can come onto the station.
duct tape / when do librarians use duct tape ever
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #62344

Helped out at my high school library. Most things used were windex(cleaning covers), glue, plastic laminate, scissors, and occasionally scotch tape/exacto knife