Porting /VG/station's kick and bite

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Porting /VG/station's kick and bite

Post by Tohg7. » #632616

Before anyone asks me, yes, i know /VG/station is a dumpster-fire of a server, but that does not excuse the fact that they have some nice weapons and mechanics. That's why i thought we port /VG/station's kick and bite unarmed special moves to TG.

How /VG/station kicking and biting works, as quoted from the wiki: "Bite - Biting does slightly more damage than normal harm intent punches, but never stuns. Bites are also very easily stopped by any armor." and kicking: "Kicking does more damage than normal harm intent punches, but has twice the attack delay and lower stun chance. Combat boots, SWAT boots and jackboots can further increase kick damage. Kicking somebody who is lying on the ground turns the attack into a stomp, doubling the damage dealt. If done with magboots on, the victim will sustain heavy damage."

Of course we would have to convert the remake the bite and kick to be compatible with combat mode, like CTRL+M2 for kicking and Alt+M1 for biting with combat mode on, but in my opinion, i think it would be worth it to add this since there's currently no way to my knowledge to make a level 4 grab into certain death before the other player can break free other then stomping with active magboots.

Giving your input on this idea would be recommended, as i would like to know how to balance this before i start coding it. Possibly we could port some more stuff from VGstation into TG, like the fake traitor PDA that can put targets on a "do not tip" list, causing all the food they order to be poisoned, so there can be a reason why a traitor should kill the cook excluding objectives. And 50-60TC items that allow traitors to become different antagonists, like Cultists or Changelings via a "Cult or Nar'sie Pamphlet" or "Secure Vial" single-use item so traitors would have something to cooperate for.
Last edited by Tohg7. on Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Porting /VG/station's kick and bite

Post by Helios » #632618

I think MSO misunderstood me
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30975
When I suggested making a forum for /tg/station ports, this is the type of threads I was talking about. Porting features from other stations to /tg/station, not video game adaptations of /tg/
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #632638

Helios wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:17 am I think MSO misunderstood me
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30975
When I suggested making a forum for /tg/station ports, this is the type of threads I was talking about. Porting features from other stations to /tg/station, not video game adaptations of /tg/
you should message MSO about what you meant by that, something tells me that he took things out of context.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #632963

Changing the transmission method for romerol to bites would be interesting and provide some counterplay for zombies beyond running away. That way we can have all the thrilling “did that attack penetrate my armor” action of Project Zomboid with half the graphical fidelity.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #633428

I don't think they'd take very nicely to co-operate with you after calling them a dumpster fire, just a idea.

Honestly if you're enamored with the design of lifeweb to port their intents, it should just be a button hooked up to trigger on MMB.

Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #633453

Anyone who's played Dwarf Fortress knows the value of biting when all your limbs have been hacked off.
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #633923

We sort of already have stomping, it's a thing with Krav Maga iirc
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: