Mediborg Chem Buff

A place to record your ideas for the game.
beequeen
Byond Username: Beequeen

Mediborg Chem Buff

Post by beequeen » #66189

Right now, mediborg consists of injecting people with omnizine, and injecting people with too much omnizine when subverted. It's too boring and a little weak to choose over engineering/security.

Several helpful modules, such as gauze for the new blood system, defrib (drawn from internal cell of course) and a portable crew scanner for obvious reasons are also missing (and should be added). We can't even use bodybags, but at least that gives Janiborgs a job.

Wasn't the point of Goonchem supposed to be a ~robust~ and deep medical/chemical system?

As such, I propose that the existing hypospray, beaker, syringe and dropper (the last three forget their contents making them useless anyway) be replaced with a chemical replication system.

The cyborg hypospray still exists (perhaps called a hyporeplicator or hyposynthesizer or whatever makes you happy), but rather than activating it to set what chemical it dispenses, you use it on a pattern bank module to load a chemical. Activation allows you to set the dosage to administer (selecting between 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 50).

As there are quite a few chemicals, each bank contains a category of chemicals that can be set by activating the module.

Categories:

Broad Treatments:
* Saline-Glucose Solution
* Nutrimix (Nutriment + Vitamin, possibly even with iron and juice and other food reagents too)
* Synthblood (treated as O- blood)
* Perfluorodecalin (not really sure if this belongs here)
* Morphine

Topical Treatments (changing the hypospray's route of administration to TOUCH rather than INGEST)
* Silver Sulfadiazine
* Styptic Powder
* Synthflesh

Targeted Treatments:
* Spaceacillin
* Mannitol
* Mutadone
* Occuline
* Inacusiate
* Rezadone (maybe? given that it requires carpotoxin...)

Emergency Stabilization:
* Epinephrine
* Salbutamol
* Atropine

Antidotes:
* Synapzine
* Ethylredoxrazine (this will be very useful in the bar!)
* Diphenhydramine
* (Possible nerve gas antidote if we ever implement our own?)

Purgatives:
* Charcoal
* Potassium Iodide
* Pentetic Acid
* Calomel

Contraband (unlock by emag - a competent player wouldn't even need these to kill people, but hey, it's fun!):
* Petrifying Poison (Zombie Powder + Unstable Mutagen) (not really necessary, but fun! and the fake death adds a nice stealth element in some cases)
* Mental Mix (Impedrezene + Holy Water)
* Hippie's Hope (Mindbreaker Toxin + Space Drugs)
* Street Special (Crank + Krokodil) (Or Meth + Bathsalts if those get merged)
* Strange Reagent (possibly too beneficial for an illegal module?)

And finally, but optionally, a Monoclonal Antibody Replicator - use it on a sample of cured blood (human would need to draw it, and in certain cases even cure the patient) to generate a vaccine for use with the hypospray.

As for balance notes - I'm not sure of depletion should happen in the replicator (for simplicity's sake) or the pattern banks (so we can vary it by chemical). Furthermore, this would be an improvement upon a human medical doctor in most cases - but then again, so are the security, engineering and janitor borgs.

Additionally, injection should be visible to everyone, and above a dose, injection/application no longer has a delay.
Last edited by beequeen on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Re: Mediborg Chem Buff

Post by Cik » #66350

yes please people complain about secborg being too common but the alternative isn't nearly as useful

also engiborg is ok too but half of the rounds you never get to do anything because people call the shuttle / no significant damage happens anyway

i want to be the cute medbot implement please
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #66351

emagged medborgs polyacid sprayer replacement is also woefully underpowered and cannot consistently kill people

but yeah having omnizine being your only chemical is already shitty and this is made worse by the fact that bleending is implemented and they have no gauze/synthblood
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #66352

Better idea: buff all modules besides sec and engineering. Mining borg needs night vision mesons and janiborg needs soap. I dont know what standard and service might need in order to be appealing choices.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #66354

deathhoof wrote:Better idea: buff all modules besides sec and engineering. Mining borg needs night vision mesons and janiborg needs soap. I dont know what standard and service might need in order to be appealing choices.
Janiborg already has soap.

Or had, did it get removed in the last month?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #66355

Cecily wrote:emagged medborgs polyacid sprayer replacement is also woefully underpowered and cannot consistently kill people

but yeah having omnizine being your only chemical is already shitty and this is made worse by the fact that bleending is implemented and they have no gauze/synthblood
well they have other chemicals

i've never needed them though and afaik they aren't useful for anything. having to get a beaker full of antitox is a little silly when you can only have one thing in the beaker; i'd prefer it be something exotic (or if subverted) deadly rather than something so common it should be in your hypo to start with.

edit: actually i think one is a renamed inaprov shot, so that's useful. the rest though bleh.

edit2: tbh goonchem didn't effect medborgs at all, their chems just got confusingly renamed. they still function in exactly the same way which is ---> epi if in crit, dose with 4 shots omnizine if more required use cryo

p. boring imo, though it can be rewarding sometimes if people talk with you or thank you.

edit 3: well tbh there is one thing that makes them infinitely preferable to human doctors and that is *ping
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #66356

Cik wrote: well they have other chemicals

i've never needed them though and afaik they aren't useful for anything. having to get a beaker full of antitox is a little silly when you can only have one thing in the beaker; i'd prefer it be something exotic (or if subverted) deadly rather than something so common it should be in your hypo to start with.

edit: actually i think one is a renamed inaprov shot, so that's useful. the rest though bleh.
IIrc the other 2 medborg hypo chems are situational at best (inaprov and spaceacillin?)
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
beequeen
Byond Username: Beequeen

Post by beequeen » #66372

deathhoof wrote:Better idea: buff all modules besides sec and engineering. Mining borg needs night vision mesons and janiborg needs soap. I dont know what standard and service might need in order to be appealing choices.
Or just make mesons a sensor augmentation, just like the other huds. Would help engie borgs too.

Add an option to install a diamond drill, and allow them to eject ores from boxes.

Janitor would also need space cleaner - I think they already have soap.

Service borgs should have a food synth or at least the ability to aid in botany/cooking. And add a paperwork gripper so we can pretend we're on bay.

As for standard borgs, I dunno. It's jack of all trades approach seems to contradict the specialization intent of borg modules.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #66379

Well standard borg really isnt even a jack of all trades. It can do security, service (companionship only) and even very minor engineer tasks such as opening unpowered doors and wrenching and unwrenching various things into place. But it can do none of mining, janitor, or medical.
Some additions to standard borg to make it a jack of all trades:
>remove crowbar and replace with plasma cutter so that it can mine but is also still able to make paths when power is out by cutting a hole in the wall then wrenching the girders
>add tray so that it can deliver food (and maybe pick up ores and load them in an ore box?)
>add syringe so that it can heal people and help with botany or xenobio or even chemistry
>add extinguisher (if it doesnt have one already) so that it can space travel
>add soap so it can clean things very slowly
With all that it should be able to:
+help engineers by cutting down walls and wrenching things
+help miners by very very slowly collecting ores
+help doctors by very impotently healing the injured
+help anyone by serving them things on a tray
+help janitors by very slowly cleaning things
+help itself not get trapped in space
+robust the station wildlife with a wide variety of fairly damaging weapons
Things it now wont be able to do:
-open unpowered doors