Shower thoughts.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Shower thoughts.

Post by RG4 » #83910

So while I was taking a shower I had a slew of potentially terrible ideas and "reverts" on recent overhauls.
Regarding Disablers,Taser,and Stuncombat:
I was thinking to myself, "Why not like let e-guns be the old eguns with a tase ability because it's an e-gun, not going to be used by many of the crew to non-lethally take people down. "
Eguns - Loose the disable feature and regain their tase ability. It's a command crew and armory gun it should be useful.

"Disablers should do more damage to different body parts or cause different effects to each body part"
Head - Random chance to instant knockout due to brain overload 2-5% probablity
Chest - Base stamina damage, no additional effect
Arms - Causes them to get tired, and drop items and prevents you from picking them up.
Legs - Causes you to run much slower and chance to trip over and knock yourself out(use on clown for hilarity)

"Ebows and esword comboers are shit heads."
The idea is make the ebow like it was originally but with a longer regen time for ammo, and if you waste all your shots on a person the bow's energy bands go away into a recharge mode. (Like 3-5 minutes, making it more useful for actual quick stealth attacks but shitty in full on assaults.)

"Dude, like why not readd Trekchem, have the simpleness but also keep the good goodchems and toxins as higher tier but lengthier recipes"
This should be the goonchem feedback thread, but like it takes goodchem out of TG, but keeps several goon chems that the community selected allowing the option to use the high tier goonchems or the lower tier trek chems.

"Since like the ebow is semi-balanced, lets change syndieborgs Machine gun to ebow again and give him the laser back too."

"Why add firing pins and shit to research weapons, they're made in fucking lock boxes, why would they be in boxes but not be able to fire?" They should come in boxes and have prototype stages where you actually use the firing range in the testing lab to make sure they work."
Firing range in test lab is useless as fuck, nobody uses it. Make it where if you want to test research guns then they gotta make sure they fire, or else they malfunction. Youre fire it till it has no charge or any of the following malfunctions occur. If the gun fire perfectly then decon it and you should be able to make the good prototype version of it.

Malfunctions:
Jamming/No firing - Fully charged doesn't fire, GG you made a badass paper weight.
Bleeding charge - It can only shoot once or twice before the charge is gone
Exploding - Fire it and it explodes, not a bad explosion but it can suck.
Irradiating - Guns made from uranium will cause radiation leaks from it
Being a fancy temperature gun - The inner works don't have high enough heat capacity to deal direct damage.
Clown-gun - The gun is ONLY useable by the clown, the clown's clumisness has no affect on this at all, beware.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Re: Shower thoughts.

Post by Reimoo » #83916

Most of these basically call for reverting things.

The reasons they were changed in the first place because it was recognized that they had flaws. I would suggest thinking in terms of forward progress instead of backwards if you think things need more changes.

I like the last idea though.
RG4

Post by RG4 » #83922

Reimoo wrote:Most of these basically call for reverting things.

The reasons they were changed in the first place because it was recognized that they had flaws. I would suggest thinking in terms of forward progress instead of backwards if you think things need more changes.

I like the last idea though.
rg4 wrote:So while I was taking a shower I had a slew of potentially terrible ideas and "reverts" on recent overhauls.
Personally I didn't like the changes and though of ideas of how to make them seem better.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83964

Eguns had their taser removed to prevent the godawful 'Tase and lase' in which you could execute any crewman except the HOS with a single egun by stunning once, then dumping your lasers into them. It takes more shots now, it's not a stealth weapon at all.

Research guns don't come in lockboxes any more, do you even gunscience bro?
The testing range/test pins are for breaking open firing pin crates with a test-pinned laser cannon.
Oh, and also for test-firing the advanced egun which works exactly like you proposed, in that it's kinda crap and irradiates everything when fired until someone fires it so much it breaks. Once that happens, drop it in the DA and bam the advanced egun is literally the captain's laser but with a stun mode.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #84090

Random chance to insta-knockout isn't fun. It just feels like complete bullshit every time it happens. Particularly since skill is already built into the three strikes to disable system it feels unfair to invalidate that in favour of occasionally downing someone in one.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #84344

Ebows feel like they're in a nice spot right now. Got a chance to go on a murderbone with it the other day and while I could definitely feel the drawbacks to it, it never felt "unfair" to the user.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84378

Ebows feel fine to me, honestly. They do their job.

Syndiborg lasers were retarded and giving them back would be even more retarded. I shouldn't even have to explain why, honestly. Same goes for them getting an instant ranged long duration tox-dealing stun weapon.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
RG4

Post by RG4 » #84405

Scones wrote:Ebows feel fine to me, honestly. They do their job.

Syndiborg lasers were retarded and giving them back would be even more retarded. I shouldn't even have to explain why, honestly. Same goes for them getting an instant ranged long duration tox-dealing stun weapon.
Okay, keep the ebows off a syndie borg, but why the laser? If the Syndieborg can mount a jetpack,e-sword,flash,emag,and machine gun, why can't it hold a laser like hacked sec borgs? Is it because it used up such little charge when it fired, was it practical, does it give them an unfair edge?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #84480

I don't know why you'd want the lasers back anyway, the mini-l6 is way more satisfying to use. Oh no I have to open the door before I blast the AI instead of shooting through the windoor.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #84481

>Implying you can't just shoot the door out with the l6 anyway
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578