traitor item - portable gap generator (camera blocker)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

traitor item - portable gap generator (camera blocker)

Post by CPTANT » #89729

Something to get spied on a little less by that pesky all seeing AI. I feel there are currently few options to reduce the camera coverage the AI has over the station. So my idea is the portable gap generator:

cost 4(?) TC

Activate and place somewhere on the ground, blocks all camera viewing in an x radius as long as it is activated (8 tiles?).

Should be stationary but it would be nice if it could fit in closets etc.

Or perhaps a bulkier device that needs to be bolted down and disables the camera's in a larger area.

of course balance details are always up for debate.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Re: traitor item - portable gap generator (camera blocker)

Post by AdenAbrafo » #89732

This would be a great addition, yes please. Since it's on the topic of blocking stuff a headset jammer would be a cool new traitor item too.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #89737

And while were on it a field cloaking device to!
The future is horrible!
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #89743

AdenAbrafo wrote:This would be a great addition, yes please. Since it's on the topic of blocking stuff a headset jammer would be a cool new traitor item too.
i will have to veto this because i cannot think of a way to code this that won't be extremely awful.
use EMPs or something.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #89746

Miauw wrote:
AdenAbrafo wrote:This would be a great addition, yes please. Since it's on the topic of blocking stuff a headset jammer would be a cool new traitor item too.
i will have to veto this because i cannot think of a way to code this that won't be extremely awful.
use EMPs or something.
Goon has something like this. You can always steal code from them :-)
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89747

The problem is "won't be extremely awful" here.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #89752

Lumbermancer wrote:
Miauw wrote:
use EMPs or something.
Goon has something like this. You can always steal code from them :-)
yeah sure i'll go steal the code from a closed source codebase with their incompatible saycode system and hope that that code wont be entirely awful
thats totally possible right?
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #89759

I don't know, you're the coder.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #89760

Maybe the code from the abductor's silencer device, but bigger?
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #89764

TheNightingale wrote:Maybe the code from the abductor's silencer device, but bigger?
that is called an EMP.
unless you want for the device to make everybody completely unable to speak rather than unable to speak in radios.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89765

Ais just need to not recieve camera alerts and EMPs are viable again
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #89780

Just add this to the agent ID.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #89794

Just remove auto tracking and hotkey door bolts.

Done.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #89832

I always wanted a disguised device, like a zippo or signaller or something, that blacks out ALL artificial light in a large area around it for say, a minute.
So fire/glowshrooms etc would still work, but PDAs/camera lights/flashlights etc would all be dead for a while.

Traitors could use it to escape bad situations, or murder people in the dark with thermals/nvgs.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #89835

Maybe to accomplish this it can be a device that, when turned on, EMPs any online cameras nearby every now and then?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #90048

lumipharon wrote:I always wanted a disguised device, like a zippo or signaller or something, that blacks out ALL artificial light in a large area around it for say, a minute.
So fire/glowshrooms etc would still work, but PDAs/camera lights/flashlights etc would all be dead for a while.

Traitors could use it to escape bad situations, or murder people in the dark with thermals/nvgs.
there is sadly no easy way to distinguish artificial light from natural light, and even the shadowling's "kill all lights" ability is pretty buggy, this would be even buggier.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #90051

Why not ask in their irc if one of the coders could help with figuring out how to code signal jamming? They even have a cloaking field item too.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #90060

im literally banned from #goonstation for saying faggot 8-)

and, as i have said at least three times over several threads, their tcomms and saycode is very different from ours.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #90137

Even if it shut down all light in an area, that would still be neat (as long the recharge is long enough that they can't just use it to murderbone all day with thermals.

Might put some actual fear into the game when suddenly all the lights in and around your department switch off, and you don't know if som traitor is coming to kill you in the night.