Predators

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Microscopics
Byond Username: Microscopics

Predators

Post by Microscopics » #90468

We have xenos, we just need predators

- Mini-antag
- Spawned like ninja/RNG'd -> ghosted player
- Pretty strong with some cool gadgets and lots of weapons to choose from.
- Goal of killing crew and collecting x skulls/heads as a trophy.

icon provided
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Predators

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90518

Ninjas were originally added because we really did get in copyright trouble for adding Predators. WAAAAY back
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90521

I think Predators is the only legitimate case of there ever being a actual copyright infringement notice being delivered.

In my opinion we would be better off refining the ninja than adding in a second different ninja.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90522

How the hell did predators get a notice and not xenomorphs? Even back during the whole purple alien thing.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90523

Xenomoprhs seem to be much more loosely interpretable whereas Predators are very unique.

In addition it would take much less work to differentiate the Xenomorph sprites than it would take to do the same with the Predator.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #90573

And does naming predators hunters bypass all copyright issues?
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #90804

Microscopics wrote: - Goal of killing crew and collecting x skulls/heads as a trophy.
Wait why would its objectives consist of killing the crew? Shouldn't it be the xenos?