Cult idea: More dark gods

A place to record your ideas for the game.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Cult idea: More dark gods

Post by QuartzCrystal » #93153

OK so this is basically fluff but I think it would make things interesting.

Right now in cult we have one elder/dark god, Nar'Sie. He is red and black and scary.

What if cults had a randomized group of elder gods they could possibly be the cult of? What if there were maybe like, 3-5 dark gods that are randomly chosen to be the cult's god of choice? Wouldn't this be cool?

Now, follow me here, what if each god had a slightly different buff for the cult. Like, Nar'Sie provides a bit more offensive capabilities while another god would give the cult more stealthy abilities, etc. Cults would still function mostly the same, but it would make it so if we had two cult rounds back to back they have, from a gameplay and roleplay perspective, a chance of being different?

I have no real suggestions beyond this, but I'm sure we could come up with something interesting.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Cult idea: More dark gods

Post by Scones » #93159

Some coder nerds have been working on this for ages
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #93169

oh.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #93175

Scones wrote:Some coder nerds have been working on this for ages
Why haven't I heard about this yet?

Dark demon god-lord cult HYPE
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #93234

I want an exosuit god that sucks people in to pilot it then they have to kill other people with it to prolong their life as it slowly eats them. To symbolize mindlessness or something since it parasitically uses the consciousness of other.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #93237

HAND OF GOD IS DEAD IT DOESNT COUNT
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #93240

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
HAND OF GOD IS DEAD IT DOESNT COUNT
Remie and someone else were working on cult alts.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #93306

Me, VelardAmakar (/vg/ coder), SkowronX + FuryMcFlurry(/vg/ spriters) are working on Machinecult for /vg/
It's essentially a machine/clockwork themed cult variant that uses sigils instead of runes, a slab resource mechanic and it's own unique constructs and such, with plenty of interactions for if a different cult (Nar nar) interacts with the equipment (things like braindamage and the god being annoyed at you)

I've done some of the gamemode code for it, plus helpers and a bit of a rewrite of /vg/'s hideous antag icon system, and I'm sort of consulting for Velard on how to do things.
私は完璧