Merge doctors and chemists

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Merge doctors and chemists

Post by Doctor Pork » #293664

Bottom post of the previous page:

Doctor Pork wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:Weekly "You should just remove genetics and put chemlab there with dual med/sci access and just have taggers and boxes to deliver chems. Also add 100ml jugs you can make using chemmaster" post.
Just gonna put this here and get it out of the way for the week. See you in 7 days.
Whoops I forgot. Whatever 7 days, a month, who's counting?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Toroic
Byond Username: Toroic

Post by Toroic » #293929

This is only an issue outside of baymed tbh.

Broken bones requiring surgery makes doctors essential for a lot of the injuries that show up throughout the round, with brute injuries being just chem-healable there's little need for ghetto surgery and thus little need for docs to do real surgery.

Especially with the cloning change there's little reason to do surgery period on injured people, which basically means chem implants and augmentation is the only thing to do.
Unprofessional Catgirl and Straightboy Supreme.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #294189

Ban Pork from the ideas forum.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #295208

cedarbridge wrote:Ban Pork from the ideas forum.
THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE HEART WANTS CEDAR AND WHAT MY HEART WANTS IS TO MAIL 100ML JUGS OF METH ALL OVER THE STATION

WHY WONT YOU LET ME HAVE THIS
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #295534

So basically, you're saying that have the most active department should have the fewest jobs a department has.

Because that's a great idea... Doctors don't have nothing to do. Yes, they spend a lot of time with machines, but there's also surgery, field medicine, etc.

Anyways, I've never seen more than 2 just regular doctors running around, so to say that we need to make the doctor the jack-of-all-trades would make most of medical quite unfun.

On the other hand, I think that science could use to be a little more spread. I'd suggest making Xenobiology and Toxins their own job, just like Medical has all of their jobs. On the other hand, if you guys shoot that down, then I suppose medical should get the same treatment, and consolidate them all.