Secborg replacement: Peacekeeper Borg [PR now up]

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Secborg replacement: Peacekeeper Borg

Post by John_Oxford » #164180

Bottom post of the previous page:

Eaglendia wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:Or you know, peace keeper from the hunger games merged to look like chappie?

Energy Bola Launcher to fuck over rioters
Tear Gas disperser to fuck over large crowds of rioters
Flood Light to blind the fuck out of rioters
Power Stomp to trip and disorient all the rioters
Energy Shield to protect security pushing up
Handcuff Dispenser (can't actually handcuff anyone, just shits out handcuffs)
Submission Alarm (HONKizer essentially, blares "LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS" and things along those lines and causes people to drop their items and go deaf)
I kind of like this but it's probably a little powerful. Might try to code one with an energy bola launcher, a flash, a riot shield, handcuff dispenser, and secHUD as default modules, and the old cyborg taser (or perhaps a hybrid taser) when hacked.

Submission alarm and power stomp seem a little too strong/snowflakey, and tear gas is pretty much useless. Meanwhile, I'm not fond of the ideas with sedative injectors due to Goofchem overdose and addiction symptoms being the worst kind of very easy accidental round-ruiners.

You should make some side sprites for this, though it doesn't particularly fit with the station's other borg designs. Do you think this should be available as a roundstart choice, or something that can be unlocked in Robotics through R&D?

Likely something that can be researched through RnD as a mech that you could only place a MMI in.

Was looking for something that wasen't raw "I AM TIDE OF RED, YOU ARE ARREST NOW FOR BREAKING SHIT" but more of a "QUIT BREAKING SHIT BEFORE I PACIFY THE FUCK OUT OF YOU" kind of deal.

Power Stomp, Submission Alarm, and Tear Gas are all place holders for a flashbang launcher, which would be over powered to have on a cyborg/mech eqse hybrid thing. So i split the difference and made 3 things that each did the function of the flash bang (Power Stomp knocks you on the floor, Submission Alarm disorients you and causes you to drop your shit, tear gas causes a blinding affect, since you can't see through smoke and doubles as a cough/cry sort of thing)

It was going off the idea of a peacekeeper from the hunger games and chappie from the movie. A sleek white powerful machine that doesn't outright kill you, but causes you ridiculious discomfort/stuns/burns/pain

Gonna remake the sprite:

Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164199

Don't wanna make it too scary looking or bed wetting babies will declare it invincible.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164200

Incomptinence wrote:"Don't wanna make it too scary looking or bed wetting babies will declare it invincible,"
whined the silicon-baby. :lol:
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164206

If I played them a lot sure that would make sense.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #164208

Drynwyn wrote:I've assessed my ability to code this and found that I can definitely do the bola launcher, the injector (which will use crytobiolin aka the chemical whose ONLY PURPOSE is to make you dizzy and move weirdly), and the flash. The energy shield I won't do, but instead I'll give it a safety holotape dispenser if someone makes an appropriate sprite for HARM AHEAD holotape.

The literal harmyeller is something I can definitely accomplish, though I'm not sure about making it fit coding standards. I could just make it different enough from the changeling shriek that I don't have to mess with procs.
Thanks for tackling this, and for putting up with my code begging. It's encouraging to know that a lot of this is doable.

I've heard a teargas launcher mentioned a few times. Unfortunately, that goes against the no-stun rule. Daniel's sprites are absolutely perfect, so I think we're good on those.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164304

DanielRatherman wrote:Image

Got the side and backsprites done.
Looks like its about to molest some woman with large melons.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164313

Those are old, they were updated to look more borg-y:

Literal hugbot to appease all the people who couldn't git gud.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #164328

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:"Don't wanna make it too scary looking or bed wetting babies will declare it invincible,"
Seems we need to have a kleenex box for a borg module for all these antags who couldn't git gud.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #164341

Why the no-stun rule? Stunning people, then dragging them away, is the number-one best way to stop them getting in a fight.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164343

Because that's one of the things people bitched and moaned about with old secborgs. I'd prefer to preemptively avoid the whining by eliminating any form of stun. Plus, we want to avoid any association with secborgs.
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Post by DanielRatherman » #164346

Davidchan wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Seems we need to have a kleenex box for a borg module for all these antags who couldn't git gud.
That's actually a pretty good idea.

"Issue Detected: Dispensing Tissue"
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #164363

Zilenan91 wrote:How about we all just stop talking about secborgs and move on with our lives
We wish you'd just stop talking.

Sec borg wasn't the problem, people just wanting easy mode antag is.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164365

I don't think we'll need any new sprites for the items/modules. Bola launcher can use the DRAGNET sprite, flash already exists, sedative injector can just be a syringe, the holobarrier projector that engineering and security have can be recycled for the barrier, HARM ALARM! can use the honkblaster sprite, and the cookie is just a cookie
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #164415

Few things.
  1. I support this idea a lot. Getting rid of secborgs left a bit of a void in the silicons' collective heart because unless you choose the useless standard module, the only weapon you have against preventing harm - A SILICON'S NUMBER ONE LAW AND PURPOSE - is asking really nicely for it to stop. Okay, maybe this idea isn't perfect, but unless one of us comes up with something else to fill that void, I fully support putting this in the game. Besides, I love the idea of being the cute little peacekeeper I usually am, but with actual weapons to combat harm instead of beeping and pinging and asking nicely for it to stop. Make borgs great again 25somethingsomething
  2. I personally think the borg should be white with light blue or seafoam green highlights, not blue. I'm thinking a breed between the aesthetics of Luke's and John's designs, but maybe with a little bit of the shape of a secborg to keep it from swooping down the uncanny valley. I don't want to be bola-molested by a blue goblin when I'm greytiding.
  3. Keep in mind that there is never any harm in at least trying something like this. Best case scenario, we get a new borg that people might even love. Worst case scenario, we scrap it and keep the standard module the hero the station deserves.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164425

The drugs injector should probably be a hypo so they aren't utterly pointless against the hard suited. Also every module needs at least some melee drugs can't kill space carps.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164435

Incomptinence wrote:The drugs injector should probably be a hypo so they aren't utterly pointless against the hard suited. Also every module needs at least some melee drugs can't kill space carps.
Should be able to beat carp to death with the cookie dispenser, then.

Unrelatedly, I was thinking about "harm prevention" and "padding" and thought, why the fuck don't we have riot foam.
Not metal foam, something quick-hardening, something that sticks to people, (damn near?) immobilises them, and takes them a few seconds to break out of.
I guess I'll make a proposal for a break-action 4ßmm grenade launcher for sec packing this, tear gas, smoke, and flashbangs, maybe with frag shells being locked behind fuckifiknowmaybecargo.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164440

We already have a grenade launcher in code.

It works fine, though apparently was causing some runtime issues??? which was used as an excuse to remove it.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164453

The drug injector should definitely function as a hypo. The riot foam idea sounds cool, definitely something this borg should have if a working grenade launcher is ever added.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #164465

So secborg but with worse tools for the job? Equipment worse than the things assistants can make in the tool storage?

You know that the point of cyborgs is to be highly efficient at their role?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164483

The secborg and the peacekeeper borg both server very different functions. Secborgs were designed to function as security, while these borgs are designed with the sole intention of preventing direct harm. Secborgs should have followed their fucking laws, but they didn't. If we can't resolve it though policy, this is the best way. There is no way for these guys to play sec.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #164492

You realize Security's job is to maintain peace and not to DM antags?
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #164495

What's to stop players from playing the standard borg and doing better then what you are trying to put in?
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164501

Luke Cox wrote: Secborgs should have followed their fucking laws, but they didn't. If we can't resolve it though policy, this is the best way. There is no way for these guys to play sec.
Maybe they were because they didn't all get job banned?

I mean the every silicon player must be shit because I hate their role angle is pretty flimsy.
yackemflam wrote:What's to stop players from playing the standard borg and doing better then what you are trying to put in?
How about instead of taking poor little criminals to security we just encourage borgs to roofie them then lock them in obscure rooms! Peacekeeper borg would be better at that!
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #164516

Incomptinence wrote:
yackemflam wrote:What's to stop players from playing the standard borg and doing better then what you are trying to put in?
How about instead of taking poor little criminals to security we just encourage borgs to roofie them then lock them in obscure rooms! Peacekeeper borg would be better at that!
Or you can just stun them for a maximum of three times while you drag them off to dorms or something.
Plenty of times to throw the harmful guy away from the victim.

Alternatively, you can just stun the HARM and drag the victim away from the HARM.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164526

Valid criticisms, and I agree, but it's extremely unlikely that secborgs are ever coming back. What I'm proposing is the most potent law 1-enforcement borg I could think of that wouldn't make people throw a bitch fit. The design is a not so subtle "fuck you" to everyone who couldn't deal with secborgs, and to the admins who wouldn't punish people who broke their laws.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #164530

Scott wrote:You realize Security's job is to maintain peace and not to DM antags?
literally laughing so hard I'm crying
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164544

Davidchan wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:How about we all just stop talking about secborgs and move on with our lives
We wish you'd just stop talking.

Sec borg wasn't the problem, people just wanting easy mode antag is.
No, we wish YOU would just stop talking.

People like you are the problem.

See? I can spout meme "arguments" too.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164577

Scott wrote:You realize Security's job is to maintain peace and not to DM antags?
Excuse me, when was the last time you played on /tg/?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164585

Implying those things don't go hand in hand

(you're also wrong, security aren't peace officers they're corporate goons there to protect the company's interests)
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #164594

Cyborgs have laws and they are not corporate goons, secborg is not security.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164598

Yes, but you were talking about security's role.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164659

Mal is right, sec is comprised of corporate goons who's primary objective is to safeguard NT's interests. By design, security is the primary force working against the antagonists. Borgs, however, are not supposed to actively work against antagonists. Their primary job, unless their laws are changed, is to prevent harm. Often times, this runs directly counter to security's efforts. I agree that secborgs were a policy issue, but if people can't follow their goddamn laws and admins won't enforce them, we need to redesign the secborg in a way that discourages validhunting.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164668

Luke Cox wrote:if people can't follow their goddamn laws and admins won't enforce them, we need to redesign the secborg in a way that discourages validhunting.
or we could just not have secborgs in any variation, which so far has proven good for the game
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164674

The issue with removing secborgs entirely is that the AI has few to no tools to prevent human harm from other humans. The engiborg can prevent environmental harm, the mediborg can treat harm, but if a human is chasing another human down with an esword, all the AI can do is yell at sec to stop it. Originally, the secborg was meant to fill this role. Instead, people took it as a license to validhunt rather than work to neutralize harmful individuals. Peacekeeper borgs are meant to provide the AI with borgs that can stop harmful individuals without playing mall cop.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164675

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:if people can't follow their goddamn laws and admins won't enforce them, we need to redesign the secborg in a way that discourages validhunting.
or we could just not have secborgs in any variation, which so far has proven good for the game
Except the AI can't do it's primary job of preventing harm
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164677

just go standard borg, baton and drag the shit bag to the brig or bolt him in the dorm forever.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164679

Yeah seriously though, the standard borg, shittiest module, is better than this thing merely by having just it's stunbaton. It's hysterical how you guys are making a hugbot for a secbot replacement.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #164680

It can turn off all the lights and try and lock people apart to make it harder to harm each other but now it's not a deciding factor in every interaction where one human punches another. Both of the humans involved get more agency in deciding the matter while the AI still has worthwhile tools (doors, lights, standard borg) to dissuade harm.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164686

newfren wrote:It can turn off all the lights and try and lock people apart to make it harder to harm each other but now it's not a deciding factor in every interaction where one human punches another. Both of the humans involved get more agency in deciding the matter while the AI still has worthwhile tools (doors, lights, standard borg) to dissuade harm.
If the AI has to jump though that many hoops to keep somebody from bashing somebody else's face in with a crowbar, something is very wrong.
ShadowDimentio wrote:It's hysterical how you guys are making a hugbot for a secbot replacement.
thatsthejoke.jpg
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164689

ShadowDimentio wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Except the AI can't do it's primary job of preventing harm
that's only when it's on asimov and that gets changed every other round. it also still definitely can prevent harm (opening doors to get people away from a breach to space, bolting antags away), it just can't actively validhunt for antags.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164692

>Gets changed every other round

That's a damn lie. I played AI a fuckload between the repeated AI bans and I recall having my laws changed away from ASIMOV maybe under ten times, and modified under ASIMOV only a bit more than that.

Also what is with your vendetta against AIs actively preventing harm like their laws ORDER them to, did you get dunked once by a borg and never forgive them or what
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164698

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Gets changed every other round

That's a damn lie. I played AI a fuckload between the repeated AI bans and I recall having my laws changed away from ASIMOV maybe under ten times, and modified under ASIMOV only a bit more than that.

Also what is with your vendetta against AIs actively preventing harm like their laws ORDER them to, did you get dunked once by a borg and never forgive them or what
nigga
>be a round that isn't traitor (nuke ops wizard shadowling w/e)
>laws instachanged to make nuke ops/wizards/thralls valid
if you don't think this happens you don't play enough

>AIs actively preventing harm like their laws ORDER them to
this is shit, always has been shit, and definitely needs to change if shitters like you keep interpreting it that way. AI should be a neutral third party, not an actively all-seeing validhunter. ideally the way this would be interpreted is "I have a knife. Should I stab that man? No." and "That man has a knife and is currently stabbing that man, and the man is calling for my help. Should I interfere? Yes." Interpreting it as "VALIDS GOTTA GETEM" is fun exclusively for the AI and makes the round worse for literally everybody else.

>"between the repeated AI bans"
nice argument you got there, buddy
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164699

PK, are you literally saying that the AI shouldn't stop harmful people? I'm serious, your argument is making no fucking sense. If you're sick of AIs and borgs validhunting, you should be for this. The worst this borg can do is make people stumble around. Just enough to let their victim run to medbay and scream for help on the radio.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164701

PKPenguin321 wrote:nigga
Tfw my lived experiences are invalid in the face of PKP's wild conjecture

Feels bad man
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164702

ShadowDimentio wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:nigga
Tfw my lived experiences are invalid in the face of PKP's wild conjecture

Feels bad man
>tfw the autismo who can't follow basic asimov and gets banned multiple times for it thinks his "lived experiences" are arbitrarily more valuable than mine
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164705

Tfw shifting the focus from my point to mudslinging

B+ effort
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #164706

>tfw thread has been derailed get back on topic you autistic cucklords
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #164708

On topic: It should at least have a stunbaton. I know this TOTALLY isn't a discount secborg and we ABSOLUTELY shouldn't bring ANY of it's OVERPOWERED equipment back, but come on it should have SOME type of non-gimmick stun.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #164710

Bu- but... muh hugbot...

Seriously though, if we want a shitty stunbaton Borg, we already have the standard model (which can actually do some shit like space exploring but in general is still shit)

The point of this idea is to be gimmick-y but still be effective by not being shit and EXTREME VALID HUNTING
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #164714

Venticular has it right. In a scenario where an assistant is bashing somebody's face in with a toolbox, the goal of the peacekeeper borg is to get the victim out of there and to protect them from further harm. The borg should flash the attacker to make them drop their weapon, get a shot or two of sedative in if they can, drag the victim away to medbay, and shoot some bolas off if the attacker gives chase. It's security's job to arrest people.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #164724

Malkevin wrote:Yes, but you were talking about security's role.
Precisely. Secborgs are being removed because "too good security" when they are not security, they are bound by laws.