Solving Ashwalkers: Make them unable to use computers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Solving Ashwalkers: Make them unable to use computers

Post by Zilenan91 » #190655

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yeah they really do just need to get good. Ashwalkers can't even use guns, the crew have EVERYTHING going for them in regards to dealing with ashwalkers. If people can't handle them despite everything then they need to get good.

Like this one time I was playing QM on Meta. I hear miners talking about ashwalkers so I print a welder and weld the doors to the mining shuttle and after unwelding it once to let a miner in like 50 ashwalkers show up in the pod and are completely unable to get through the doors so I'm sitting there laughing at them and call sec so they can shoot fish in a barrel.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #190661

The secret solution here is that there isn't actually a problem.
RIP
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #190664

Zilenan91 wrote:Yeah they really do just need to get good. Ashwalkers can't even use guns, the crew have EVERYTHING going for them in regards to dealing with ashwalkers. If people can't handle them despite everything then they need to get good.

Like this one time I was playing QM on Meta. I hear miners talking about ashwalkers so I print a welder and weld the doors to the mining shuttle and after unwelding it once to let a miner in like 50 ashwalkers show up in the pod and are completely unable to get through the doors so I'm sitting there laughing at them and call sec so they can shoot fish in a barrel.
Despite miner ka's does 40 damage which a laser doesnt
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190665

Only on lavaland but yeah. Unless miners get memed with embeds or knockdowns they'll win against ashwalkers.

Even then they'll statistically win in a straight up fight with both of them stabbing eachother in the chest. With the miner's armor the ashwalker's spear will do less damage than his knife will to it without any knockdowns, and if the miner wins this engagement he'll be alive but pretty fucked up.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #190873

still shilling for kobolds. Literally as easy as ashwalkers with small gene
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #190875

Armhulen wrote:still shilling for kobolds. Literally as easy as ashwalkers with small gene
Once dextrous simple animals are in, I'll probably be making these.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #190909

I've said it repeatedly elsewhere; there is nothing stopping cargo/miners from asking on extra hands. The only thing that even makes them 'miners' is they have first crack at the gear and a voucher for another freebie. The outpost can benefit from basically a medic and assistance, meaning just two extra people alone increases their survivability.

Also, maybe, not fleeing straight to their main home base when in immediate danger isn't the best strategy since shit tends to follow them home. This is also why, instead of making ligers unable to use the console, just remove lavaland-side console. No escape! FOR ANYONE. Also makes Fultons useful, I assume.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #190930

Gamarr wrote:I've said it repeatedly elsewhere; there is nothing stopping cargo/miners from asking on extra hands. The only thing that even makes them 'miners' is they have first crack at the gear and a voucher for another freebie. The outpost can benefit from basically a medic and assistance, meaning just two extra people alone increases their survivability.

Also, maybe, not fleeing straight to their main home base when in immediate danger isn't the best strategy since shit tends to follow them home. This is also why, instead of making ligers unable to use the console, just remove lavaland-side console. No escape! FOR ANYONE. Also makes Fultons useful, I assume.
Replace shuttle with a drop pod one way shuttle
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190931

Lavaland doesn't need any other jobs than miners. It sounds cool in theory to give them a medic but that job would fall into the MD thing with them being 100% pointless and it'd create problems by the lava doc stealing miner shit and becoming another miner slot.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #190934

Mining is always better with a buddy, so we just should add another mining slot, so we can have two teams of twos.
Bring back papercult.

Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #190968

Zilenan91 wrote:Lavaland doesn't need any other jobs than miners. It sounds cool in theory to give them a medic but that job would fall into the MD thing with them being 100% pointless and it'd create problems by the lava doc stealing miner shit and becoming another miner slot.
My point was that this is just a simple question of asking/inquiring for help on station, not to make another outpost job slot. Think of it as a port of call; there is always people who become sailors for a variety of reasons. In that line of thought, it'd be nice if there was just a large shuttle that mining used to land on the planet, I suppose much like the Nuke Op shuttle. Anyway- none of the extra help is required, but a simple pair of hands to pull you away or just carry a pickaxe, which by the way is EFFECTIVE melee weapon and a basic mining tool (not that there isn't already 3 extra KAs in the mining camp as of now), it is relatively easy to arm anyone else. The defining factors are hardly the miners explorer gear outside of a KA, which also can (easily!) replaced from the vendor for a cheap price of 600ish points. One diamond is 50 points. Sand is 1. Come On. More crew are easily geared with just some effort and actual mining if they really want to be, not even counting using recycling monster viscera into armor/weaponry.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #191886

Does seem like bullshit that they can read and use computers. But that also sounds like the only real problem.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med