Make suit storage units access locked

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Make suit storage units access locked

Post by Slignerd » #278523

As simple idea as it sounds.

Captain's suit storage locked with Captain's access, Medical suit storage with Medbay access, Security suit storage with Security Equipment access, Head of Security suit storage with Head of Security access, Prototype suit storage with Research access, Engineering suit storage with Engineering access, Atmospheric suit storage with Atmospheric access and lastly, Chief Engineer's suit storage with Chief Engineer's access.

Suit storage units are already perfectly hackable, so any skilled greyshirt can still get them out, while an unskilled one won't get Captain's, CE's or Atmospheric's hardsuit handed to them on a plate.
Last edited by Slignerd on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Make suit storage units access locked

Post by BeeSting12 » #278527

Good idea although I'd make the security one armoury access because it takes armoury access to access the room they're in.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #278531

I'd say we should keep it on Security Equipment, so that Warden can just open up the room and let officers in, rather than unlock every suit storage unit specifically. I want these suit storage units to stay accurate to the type of hardsuit they're storing and remain available for people belonging the department they're meant for. Part of the reason why I suggest that medical hardsuit should use medical access, rather than CMO's.

For that matter, I'd be in favor of making Security EVA Storage airlock on MetaStation require Security Equipment access rather than Armory as well, but that's another suggestion, for another time.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #278536

Would be nice. When old traitor AI was in play, I'd have a borg hack the SSUs to vaporise them but most can't seem to fathom out the new hacking interface for SSUs to do it.

Being able to lock the average person out would be the next best thing.