Robotics Traitor Items

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Robotics Traitor Items

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #291976

Robotics is fun. Traitoring Robotics is also fun. Know what'd be more fun? Having something to spend your TC on besides an emag.

EMP Hardening Upgrade - 6TC
A highly illegal cyborg upgrade, this shields cyborgs from EMP damage

6 TC borg upgrade that removes one of the most critical cyborg Achilles heels, the EMP. Both removes the damage and the stun. It's a high cost item but EMPs are completely overpowered and an I WIN GG NO RE button for anyone who uses them. Get a flash or blow the borg.

Combat Cyborg Upgrade - 14 TC
This cyborg code exploit forces a cyborg to transform into the now-defunct Security module.
Must be applied when borgs have no module. 14 TC for a secborg, which is only just enough left over to buy an emag so you can actually use it.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Re: Robotics Traitor Items

Post by Haevacht » #291977

no
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #291978

Combat Cyborg Upgrade - 14 TC
This cyborg code exploit forces a cyborg to transform into the now-defunct Security module.
Must be applied when borgs have no module. 14 TC for a secborg, which is only just enough left over to buy an emag so you can actually use it.
I made this exact PR, but oranges decided to be a cuck
Bring back papercult.

Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #291990

Security borgs are still available at roundstart as a config option. Giving them to traitors at an additional cost doesn't make sense if secborgs are enabled, which they are by default.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #291992

Secborgs should be an upgrade that is found on a spaceruin.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #292023

Swindly wrote:Security borgs are still available at roundstart as a config option. Giving them to traitors at an additional cost doesn't make sense if secborgs are enabled, which they are by default.
You wouldn't be able to buy it if the config option for secborgs is set to yes.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #292247

Do not make it a Secborg; Make it a new unique combat module that is inferior to the Syndicate Cyborgs. No stuns like the Secborg, but a somewhat decent ranged weapon that can be used as area denial (think turrets from Natural Selection 2).
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292254

I want to do this sooner or later, but I'm lazy. Also, a bad coder.
Bring back papercult.

Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #292306

InsaneHyena wrote:I want to do this sooner or later, but I'm lazy. Also, a bad coder.
A new module is not difficult, especially for you, as you made a PR doing so previously. Your biggest hurdle would be sprites and coding any new items you feel it requires.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292316

I'm talking about specifically module's inventory. It will need a gun, for example - probably not something that exists. I have no clue how gun code works. I'll probably need to make ammo for it too.
Bring back papercult.

Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #292326

InsaneHyena wrote:I'm talking about specifically module's inventory. It will need a gun, for example - probably not something that exists. I have no clue how gun code works. I'll probably need to make ammo for it too.
The Assault cyborg's LMG is actually an energy gun that shoots bullets. You could probably take that, reskin it and give it weaker bullets.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... al.dm#L214
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #292347

that's not how you spell "flechettes"
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #292353

Lollipops and gum balls dispenser ---> Sais and Shurikens
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #292384

You could make it like a shitty syndie-borg with low-cost versions of what the assault module has.

Like a stetchkin for its main gun (instead of an LMG), an e-sword (Borg is taking just as much risk as you by getting that close - 1 flash is GG), a tear-gas grenade launcher (Instead of actual grenades), crowbar, flash, built-in syndi-key, flash and emergency welding tool (10 units). As well as not appearing on the robo console.

No emag because I think that'd be too OP and a small welding tool to give it some level of self-sufficiency because 14TC is a costly investment.

I think it should look like a stripped-down assault module, more closer to the sec borg design the assault is based upon, like it's a quick and crappy pre-fab.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #292488

Anonmare wrote:You could make it like a shitty syndie-borg with low-cost versions of what the assault module has.

Like a stetchkin for its main gun (instead of an LMG), an e-sword (Borg is taking just as much risk as you by getting that close - 1 flash is GG), a tear-gas grenade launcher (Instead of actual grenades), crowbar, flash, built-in syndi-key, flash and emergency welding tool (10 units). As well as not appearing on the robo console.

No emag because I think that'd be too OP and a small welding tool to give it some level of self-sufficiency because 14TC is a costly investment.

I think it should look like a stripped-down assault module, more closer to the sec borg design the assault is based upon, like it's a quick and crappy pre-fab.
Go with this, it is golden!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #292494

Secborgs are OP for traitor use, I abused the shit out of them as traitor robo back in the day
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #292542

Sec borgs can be powerful, yeah, but this is exactly one sec borg. It's still on the robo console, can still be ion'd (if both get coded you can trade your emag for no ions, but you'll need to subvert it first), can still be flashed. basic sec borgs don't have self-healing either. You'd be trading a huge investment for a slightly more powerful borg then the normal modules. If the problem is having a borg swarm running over the station then you have bigger problems then the module type the borgs are using.

That said I actually like the stripped-down syndie borg module idea better but this would be easier to code (wouldn't need sprites, etc)
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292557

Don't try to reason with him. He got carried by secborgs once or twice, so now he thinks they are too powerful to hand even to antagonists.
Bring back papercult.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #292652

InsaneHyena wrote:Don't try to reason with him. He got carried by secborgs once or twice, so now he thinks they are too powerful to hand even to antagonists.
lol
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #292653

Gun Hog wrote:Do not make it a Secborg; Make it a new unique combat module that is inferior to the Syndicate Cyborgs. No stuns like the Secborg, but a somewhat decent ranged weapon that can be used as area denial (think turrets from Natural Selection 2).
>14 TCs for a shitty not-secborg without stuns or a good ranged weapon

Yeah no I'll just buy a revolver and/or an emag thanks
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #292658

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:Do not make it a Secborg; Make it a new unique combat module that is inferior to the Syndicate Cyborgs. No stuns like the Secborg, but a somewhat decent ranged weapon that can be used as area denial (think turrets from Natural Selection 2).

Also if it's a unique borg sprite people will valid the thing on sight, and if there's only one against the entire crew then it'll get junked fast

did PK ever pull off one of his secborg massacres with only a single secborg that the crew instantly knew was rogue as soon as they saw it?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #293268

Screemonster wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:

Also if it's a unique borg sprite people will valid the thing on sight, and if there's only one against the entire crew then it'll get junked fast

did PK ever pull off one of his secborg massacres with only a single secborg that the crew instantly knew was rogue as soon as they saw it?
yes
Spoiler: