Forensic facial reconstruction machine

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Forensic facial reconstruction machine

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329558

A tool for the detective that helps in identifying people & appearances based off their DNA by slowly reconstructing a data image of their face.
How it works is that you are given a line string to start inserting genetic details in, so when you're actively out and about, the detective would be in their office painting pictures of suspects from forensic reports.

It then takes that and processes to give a body image of what it thinks is a best fit, then the detective can work through stylising the hair & details (job, species etc) to something that matches the description based off other evidence they may have collected. This is very minority report style, but is used for helping to establish a face from DNA alone through a length profiling process where lots of different factors can be considered.
  • Partially the reason for this is that in quite practical terms, you could instead just ask a geneticist to alter the details of a monkeyman to a specific strand as detailed on your report for much the same effect, but why waste the geneticist time when they can do this so precisely when instead you could virtually simulate it and not stand around bothering people all day
From the generated image, you can process front/side photographs, and setup new security profiles for that person with the supplied information competently.

Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Forensic facial reconstruction machine

Post by MMMiracles » #329564

So essentially: a character creator for mugshots.

I mean I can't see when this would come into use but it'd be cool to have for printing out meme wanted posters.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329570

It would competently allow you to piece together whos' who out of bloodsmears and husks, wheras otherwise such crimes never yielded any clues as to what happened. In the case there's blood trails leading to the arrivals escape locks.

Meme value also.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #329600

Last I checked you can already do this by taking thier DNA sample and entering it into your office medical computer, which comes with pictures.

If you want a way to make it portable, add an app to tablets, it would give a reason for the detective to want one.

People always forget about the medical computer.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #329602

Dr_bee wrote:Last I checked you can already do this by taking thier DNA sample and entering it into your office medical computer, which comes with pictures.

If you want a way to make it portable, add an app to tablets, it would give a reason for the detective to want one.

People always forget about the medical computer.
I'd really like to see a security records app on the tablets so I can set people to arrest and access sec records from anywhere.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329607

Dr_bee wrote:Last I checked you can already do this by taking thier DNA sample and entering it into your office medical computer, which comes with pictures.
That's because the medical records (which are also deletable) have prefixed photo identical to the security profiles, it does not generate a picture except reference it. I could replace that medical picture with a picture of my photocopied ass. :roll:
BeeSting12 wrote:I'd really like to see a security records app on the tablets so I can set people to arrest and access sec records from anywhere.
There's already sec and medical records on PDA's do you even use your PDA? :roll:

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #329608

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
That's because the medical records (which are also deletable) have prefixed photo identical to the security profiles, it does not generate a picture except reference it. I could replace that medical picture with a picture of my photocopied ass. :roll:
an uncounterable method of investigation is a poorly balanced method of investigation, if someone does their due diligence and deletes their medical AND security record, then they deserve to be hidden, considering how uncommon even using those databases are.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:I'd really like to see a security records app on the tablets so I can set people to arrest and access sec records from anywhere.
There's already sec and medical records on PDA's do you even use your PDA? :roll:
The PDA apps dont have many of the features that the computer apps do, like the ability to see pictures and search via fingerprint or DNA.

an uncounterable method of investigation is a poorly balanced method of investigation, if someone does their due diligence and deletes their medical AND security record, then they deserve to be hidden, considering how uncommon even using those databases are.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329609

Taking that logic Dr_bee you could also scrub your DNA with a mulligan and change bloodtypes but you will in effect no longer be a part of the crew if you are not on the register and probably end up being dunked anyway under suspicion of being a nuke operative at worst.

The reconstruction machine can be used for establishing completely new entries accurately, such as a wizard using left behind data-samples to let the detective do forensics.

Spoiler: