Two new weapon ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Two new weapon ideas

Post by Silavite » #27506

I've been thinking for a while, and have come up with some ideas for new antagonist weaponry.

TP-82 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-82
When the random event with the Russian cargo shuttle happens, the Russians are armed with bottles and bears. I propose that there should be a small chance, (say, 10%) that one of the Russians should spawn with one of these, just to add variety. It would have 20 brute per shot with the pistol and 8 pellets with 8 brute per pellet with the shotgun.

CZ 97B - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_97B
I feel like this would be a good medium between the high powered revolver, and the more stealthy Stechkin. It would do 40 brute (3 shots to crit); this is in between the Stechkin's 25 (4 shots to crit) and the revolver's 60 (2 shots to crit). It would cost 5 telecrystals to buy it, 3 for a suppressor, and 1 for each magazine.
Wesdo

Re: Two new weapon ideas

Post by Wesdo » #27616

Silavite wrote:I've been thinking for a while, and have come up with some ideas for new antagonist weaponry.

TP-82 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-82
When the random event with the Russian cargo shuttle happens, the Russians are armed with bottles and bears. I propose that there should be a small chance, (say, 10%) that one of the Russians should spawn with one of these, just to add variety. It would have 20 brute per shot with the pistol and 8 pellets with 8 brute per pellet with the shotgun.

CZ 97B - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_97B
I feel like this would be a good medium between the high powered revolver, and the more stealthy Stechkin. It would do 40 brute (3 shots to crit); this is in between the Stechkin's 25 (4 shots to crit) and the revolver's 60 (2 shots to crit). It would cost 5 telecrystals to buy it, 3 for a suppressor, and 1 for each magazine.
They already spawn with Matebas I think, but they're too powerful for normal crew to handle so I think it would be better to be replaced with the TP-82.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #27809

>TP-82
>a triple-barreled Soviet firearm that was carried by cosmonauts on space missions
>intended as a survival aid to be used after landings and before recovery in the Siberian wilderness

That's badass.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #27816

Normally I'm against "more guns for the sake of more guns"

But there's a point where a gun is badass enough to justify itself.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #27937

The TP-82 is pretty badass, and space related, so I think it should at the very least get in the code somewhere.

The other gun I don't feel should be in however. You've got a choice of the high damage revolver or the (potentially) sneaky stechkin (also there is only one silencer, that works for every silencer capable weapon, although I can't remember if those silencer changes were on TG as well as NT...). So basically, why would you get the stechkin, when you can get a way more powerful CZ 97B for the same cost? It's just power creep there.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #27979

Please make it launch the flares in the emergency toolboxes. Like, they are inactive when put in the gun and then launched out lit. Flares need a job.

And what caliber is the TP-82?
.38 like detectives?
.357 like syndierevolver?
10mm like stechkin?

You did say it's a good medium between tatorevolver and the misnomer Glock, so maybe it fires .22LR HP? Something low cal, but has a nice sting.