Prevent Shuttle Calling On Certain Modes

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Prevent Shuttle Calling On Certain Modes

Post by Jzoid » #375932

before any of you say it, because I know this community loves to be a tad bit bitchy when it comes to suggestions

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

With that out the way, here's the suggestion.
Prevent Shuttle Calling On Certain Modes, these modes include;
Blood Cult
Clockwork Cult
Nuclear
Revolution
Wizard
Xenomorphs

Restricting shuttle calls to the most basic game modes, or to a one hour mark, it allows us to actually have fleshed out rounds without having some salty person call the shuttle because they didn't hit that sweet antag role. Rounds will be interesting, and the only way rounds should be able to end is if the antag team gets ended. The reasons for this could range from Nanotrasen not wanting cult infiltration, to the ship being too costly to lose.

"oh but won't this cause meta game?"
well simply have it so it won't LIFT OFF from the station if it gets called and docked, this prevents meta-bait as the shuttle still gets called so you can't tell what type of game mode there is, and if you're calling shuttles without really knowing what game mode it is in the first place, the shuttle calls are really questionable.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Prevent Shuttle Calling On Certain Modes

Post by BeeSting12 » #375933

its smart to tell the community you want your idea accepted by that theyre bitchy
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #375935

Cults can be hard to 100% stamp out since all it takes is one savvy cultist cutting out a dead man's loyalty implant to slip in amongst the loyalists.

And yes it can be done, just have an empty case in your hand when you get to the implant removal step and it'll automatically put the implant in the implant case. All you need then is an implanter
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #375936

BeeSting12 wrote:its smart to tell the community you want your idea accepted by that theyre bitchy
somehow I knew it would be you to point that out. you or oranges was my guess.
simple solution: don't act bitchy
i am sorry for speaking what i feel, but perhaps there's merit to why I feel this way? oh wait, there is

either case, don't de-rail from the suggestion
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #375947

Cult is fucking awful and if as captain I cannot call the shuttle i will probably just kill myself instead
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #375963

>xenomorphs kill literally every human
>have to watch them jack their xenodicks for a half hour before you can get a new round
no thanks
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #375967

PKPenguin321 wrote:>xenomorphs kill literally every human
>have to watch them jack their xenodicks for a half hour before you can get a new round
no thanks
Pkpenguin321 is correct
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #376000

PKPenguin321 wrote:>xenomorphs kill literally every human
no thanks
ERP is banned
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #376004

have it so it won't LIFT OFF from the station if it gets called and docked
As far as I can tell, this is already true for blobs, revs, clock cult, and code delta (nuke ops and malf AI). Wizard is often tasked to escape on the shuttle and while Xenomorphs don't have an explicit greentext I usually interpret their goal as to escape on the shuttle (spread).
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #376013

I think making sec players, heads of staffs, and non-important roles not suiciding when they hear an announcement about xenomorphs is a better idea than making xenomorphs more hated.

EDIT: Also xenomorph has no end-game condition anyways.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #376328

Jzoid wrote: Blood Cult
Jzoid wrote: the only way rounds should be able to end is if the antag team gets ended.
"sorry guys, I know we stopped the cult from summoning and now most of both sides have been wiped out along with half the station, but centcom says we can't leave the station because there's one cultist hiding in lavalands or some space ruin"

edit: and nuke ops is probably an even worse idea. I've seen a number of rounds end with all-but-one nuke op dead and that one op being ridiculously cautious. Removing the time pressure from the ops team would allow for a lot of new strategies and most of them would be really obnoxious and unfun.