Ideas for the CMO

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Ideas for the CMO

Post by Raven776 » #38013

After playing a bit as the CMO, I've come to realize that there is a lack of fun reasons to sign up as him as opposed to a chemist, geneticist, or virologist (if those spots are filled, as in any other case the CMO usually just hops into one of their seats and plays around). Of course there is the RP and being able to command people around, but that's rarely enough for anyone.

So what I suggest is one of a few things, some of which are overpowered to get ideas or thoughts flowing.

Buff the medical hardsuit and put one in their office: I don't know if I just don't know where they've tucked it away, but honestly at this point as CMO I'm just a bit too embarrassed to ask. Nothing is worse than yelling at the AI to let you into eva storage for an hour because there's a corpse on the outside of arrivals that is on your suit sensors. The buff could be complete radiation resistance and a small addition to energy or even just having a brighter light or slowing down less...

Portable suit sensor device: Probably in the form of a PDA cart, but that would be very easy to steal and misuse, and it would most certainly be the strongest PDA addition by far.

Medical Response Thermals: Now this sounds a bit off, but what if we gave the CMO an advanced medical HUD that acted as thermals if there is someone in crit or dead who also has their suit sensors on? It's no worse than having xray or stolen thermals, and it would be nice flavor. A bigger buff would be allowing it to make lockers with bodies inside it show up on the thermals too.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Ideas for the CMO

Post by Ikarrus » #38020

Heads have their own little section in EVA they can access. The CMO and RD can already use the space suits in there.

A crew monitor laptop would be pretty neato though.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #38021

As I said before.

Captain - Personal Space Suit
HoP - Default EVA Access by default
HoS - Access to a Security RIG
CE - Personal RIG
RD - Can acquire NASA Space Suit, Head EVA Access
CMO - Head EVA Access

Its amusing considering that on most other maps the CMO does have a personal Medical Hardsuit. I recall the last time the suggestion to add one for the CMO on Boxstation the words "powercreep" popped up several times. Admittedly the idea was presented a long time ago.

However of all the other heads of staff, the CMO has the second greatest need for a Space Suit with only the CE having a greater need for one, and he gets a personal Advance Hardsuit. If the CMO deserves anything its a Medical Hardsuit.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #38023

Especially considering that the only time you'll see a medical hardsuit on box is when telescience loots the damned thing from another z-level, making science the only people capable of getting a medical hardsuit.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #38030

Maybe put botony/service under CMO and buff it due to being actual health care instead of "rp jobs, screw 'em".
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #38042

Those are already under the HoP. He just never cares enough to supervise them.

CMO is fiiiiine. I see no reason to give the job more toys.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #38215

The only toy he gets is a hypospray. This makes him second in line for 'worst head benefits.'

The hypospray is great, but it's not as great as telescopic riot shields, armored trench coats, advanced hardsuits, all access, energy guns, or anything else most other heads get from their jobs.

Let's face it, medbay is already a rather boring job, especially if you're an MD. You're expected to keep people in the round and keep people effectively healthy. When you see a HoS, you can figure he's at least somewhat more robust than most other security officers because he's got his coat and shield. If you see a CE, you can assume he'll have the gaping holy in the central hallway all fixed up real soon.

The one thing the CMO gets is reliant on him having a competent chemistry staff or at the very least a chemistry staff that fucks off to somewhere else on the station so they can mix their own hypospray.

Maybe give him a private chem dispenser in his office?
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #38241

Alex Crimson wrote:Those are already under the HoP. He just never cares enough to supervise them.

CMO is fiiiiine. I see no reason to give the job more toys.
AFAIK Botany should be under Science, considering that RD was apparently botanist before (i think RDs potted plant hinted that or something).
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #38271

The obvious answer to getting anything approved or implemented now is to make it telescopic. Telescopic is the new in thing.

Telescopic sleeper? Telescope that damned hypospray. Telescope me some syringes. I wanna be able to take out a syringe and make a ker-chlick noise.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #38293

Medicinite ore. The cmo starts with it and can either get it turned into a medicinite sheets which can be made into a medicinite patch that can be worn on the head to slowly heal the user and function like innaprovaline in crit or be ground into medicinite powder, which would have the power of healing 20 damage per tick and healing back from death whitin a minute of death, making it an efficient means of giving oneself temporary immortality.

EDIT: Cmo should also get a box of improved chem implants that never break or activate prematurely and the chem implants should activate automatically when the implantee goes into crit.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #38407

Raven776 wrote:The obvious answer to getting anything approved or implemented now is to make it telescopic. Telescopic is the new in thing.

Telescopic sleeper? Telescope that damned hypospray. Telescope me some syringes. I wanna be able to take out a syringe and make a ker-chlick noise.
All I can imagine is a syringe blow dart gun thing.

CMO gets a hardsuit on meta, and it's fantastic. It has shit all defence, but it's got good speed, and is bio proof, which iss exactly what it needs. Also great for when medbay has been bombed/flooded/etc.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #38410

lumipharon wrote:
Raven776 wrote:The obvious answer to getting anything approved or implemented now is to make it telescopic. Telescopic is the new in thing.

All I can imagine is a syringe blow dart gun thing.

CMO gets a hardsuit on meta, and it's fantastic. It has shit all defence, but it's got good speed, and is bio proof, which iss exactly what it needs. Also great for when medbay has been bombed/flooded/etc.
This.

If badger had more players on the hours I can play, I'd be on there all the damn time because medbay is just so much better there.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #38450

Just give the CMO his god damn hard suit already.

This would also make it a bit easier for traitor CMOs, as we'll actually have an excuse to be out and about in the station. (I've had many a round ruined as traitor CMO when some asshole insists it's suspicious that I'm anywhere but the bridge or medbay)

Not to mention it would increase the chances of people injured/dead in space to actually get cloned. It would also allow SOMEONE right off the bat to be able to retrieve and treat injured folk in bomb blasts/singulo rampages while engineers can focus on actually repairing stuff.