Scheduled extended (+6 hour) rounds

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Scheduled extended (+6 hour) rounds

Post by Anuv » #413622

Would this be fun and/or feasible, perhaps on a once a week basis? I think admins would need to keep oversight on how things are going with events/antag stuff but it seems like it might make for a greater incentive to do larger projects and tasks. Perhaps upon round start there's a large message for each crew member (sorta like when spawning as an antag) about how it's super extended and to be better or else?

This could also be the worst idea ever so feedback is cool. I also don't know if this has ever been tried.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Scheduled extended (+6 hour) rounds

Post by Dr_bee » #413627

If I recall the server can only handle max 2-3 hours before things start breaking, or at least that was the explanation that was given when discussing longer rounds last time.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #413634

Dr_bee wrote:If I recall the server can only handle max 2-3 hours before things start breaking, or at least that was the explanation that was given when discussing longer rounds last time.
Terry has 12 hour rounds
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #413636

This won't work on high pop bagil. You could go to terry where they have 6+ hour rounds regularly.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #413662

What's the allure to this? You're better off playing a MMO if you have such a desire, with the benefit of actually keeping the 6 hours worth of time spent questing/leveling/etc.

Even if the game no longer breaks after a couple of hours, our current balance is geared towards getting mostly everything you could want at the hour mark.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current