New megafauna: obsidian tendril

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

New megafauna: obsidian tendril

Post by Bluespace » #414526

This megafauna is the "themed" alternative to the clockwork titan.

Name: obsidian tendril

Desc: A tendril twisted by the power of those who worship Nar'sie. Imbued with blood magic and the soul of an unfortunate miner, this tendril has no issues defending itself and slaughtering those who would harm it.

Appearance: The tendril will be placed inside the nar'sie ruin, on top of the rune. The ruin will be doubled in size to create a good size arena, and maybe culted up a little. The tendril itself will be a slightly larger version of a normal tendril, except sprited to be black with red spikes (like nar'sie) coming from it.

Attacks:
No escape - When attacking the tendril for the first time, cult barriers will stop you exiting the arena until the tendril is dead. You can still teleport out and shit.
Spawn construct - Spawns an AI wraith to attack the miner.
Blood beam - small channel, then fires blood beam at attacker, dealing high brute.
Blood boil - channels for a small while, then deals 75 brute to everyone in the arena. Can be interrupted by damage. Cast time is about 3 seconds.
Dark claws - Two claws continually chase the attacker, dealing 25 brute on attacks. Unkillable, but slow.
Rupture - A pylon shoots out of the ground, stunning the attacker temporarily and injuring them. (think bloodmaul)

Combat info: At 75%, 50% and 25% health, will summon 1, 2, and then 3 cultists respectively. They don't have a lot of health but they're fast-ish and hurt. Due to the boss having no melee, it's possible to stay in melee range for this boss.
On death: Quakes the screen, dropping a tendril chest and reducing in size by 75%, also killing any mobs it spawned.

Loot: (Can only ever be one tendril, you get ONE drop.)
1)an arcane tome, that when read, grants you some nar'sian power. You become a non-antagonist, non-convert cultist. Using this as the chaplain will dust you, for shits and gigs. You can use a select few cult runes and spells, one of which is teleport! (Although you'll probably get lynched for it.) This also has the funny side effect of making you able to use ACTUAL cultists runes, so you can teleport into the cultist's base and ash drake them.
2)artificer spike. Using it stabs it into your body, granting you complete artificer abilities. Your shell ability will only work three times though, and can't spawn artificers. No cult army, sorry. (You get magic missle though so that's lit.)
3)dark focus. Picking this up causes it to absorb into your arm. it allows you to stun, shackle, and twisted construction as if you'd learnt the spells, with a short cooldown. it does, however, use your own blood as fuel. stun too many people and you'll die from blood loss.
I play Boris Pepper.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Re: New megafauna: obsidian tendril

Post by Boris » #414528

Sounds like it'll be a joke to kill it with the saw from the blood drunk miner
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #414532

Boris wrote:Sounds like it'll be a joke to kill it with the saw from the blood drunk miner
I might have to give it a melee attack then.
I play Boris Pepper.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #414619

Maybe a really nasty melee attack that happens if you stand next to it for more than a certain amount of time
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #414726

There is no point for more megafauna (I'm kidding, remove all of them) given there is several spawns in lavaland that also all include a base for that spawns flavor/area.
Golem, ash walkers, and even ops have a presence there and all are considerably more interesting to feud and interact with than a reskinned lootbox.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #414729

Perhaps make it spawn fading obsidian spike traps that impale whoever gets in melee range of it
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #414764

Second thread I've derailed with a different idea but we need biomes
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #414824

D&B wrote:Perhaps make it spawn fading obsidian spike traps that impale whoever gets in melee range of it
I like this, if you go into melee range it spawns a bloodmaul-esque obsidian spike ( recolored pylon will do ) that hits you for like 50 dmg.
I play Boris Pepper.