Bring back empty atmos

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Malkevin

Bring back empty atmos

Post by Malkevin » #49320

So atmos used to have this big area in the middle that was empty.

It served as a great blank canvas for setting up atmos experiments, like burn chambers or death chambers etc.

Then we got all this prebuilt stuff in the middle, which whilst useful and looks great, really stifles creativity as by the time you've got done disassembling it the shuttle is already half way here.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Re: Bring back empty atmos

Post by Akkryls » #49321

I was under the impression it was taken out specifically to stop people building burn chambers so easily.
Not that I agree with it; I was one of the guys who ended up turning it into a burn chamber every round because why not.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #49333

I support this idea. Being an atmos tech is pointless, all you do is optimize the existing pipes. Placing pipes all over the station is too much, but having to build inside the atmos department should be required.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #49335

Scott wrote:Placing pipes all over the station is too much, but having to build inside the atmos department should be required.
Considering that if any explosions happen, it's actually less time consuming just to call the shuttle than to actually repipe the station, Atmos really needs a few ease of life changes.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #49347

Akkryls wrote:Considering that if any explosions happen, it's actually less time consuming just to call the shuttle than to actually repipe the station, Atmos really needs a few ease of life changes.
ALRIGHT SO /vg/ HAS THIS THING.
CALLED THE RPD, RAPID PIPE DISPENSER, ITS LIKE THE RCD EXCEPT FOR PIPES.

It doesn't cost matter cartridges like the RCD, so its basically free pipes. So is the pipe dispenser, its just less mobile. MoMMIs have one built-in but there are handheld versions on the station.
Anyway when you use it in your hand, it opens up a menu of all the pipes, directions, and paint colors. And it places them on the tiles you click adjacent to you, AND ON TOP OF WALLS.
ON TOP OF FUCKING WALLS.

ON TOP OF FUCKING WALLS, PORT THIS
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #49361

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #49384

clam down
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #49456

Malkevin wrote:So atmos used to have this big area in the middle that was empty.
+1
Remove the AI.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #50046

Saegrimr wrote:PORT THIS
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #50051

implying anyone would ever go through the effort of porting good things from other servers
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit