Problems with Cloning. Character Background edition.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Problems with Cloning. Character Background edition.

Post by Helios » #630937

As of right now, there is no cloning. But the fact cloning used to exist would allow us to have some interesting character interaction based off of it.
There could be antagonist and non-antagonistic duplicates.
The Non-antags would be people who were left behind on stations, presumed dead, a clone was revived. Now the original shows up, has the same job, same name, same look, same finger prints even. Due to Centcomm faulty pay software, they get paid twice per cycle, and draw from the same pool of credits. These are known to happen ocassionally, and are one of the reason centcomm pulled back on cloning.
The other would be sleeper cells for antagonists of one sort or another. Tasked with killing their original, and replacing them.
From a nuts and bolts perspective, these both would be toggles. The clone would be someone else with that same job, so if you join as an engineer, there is a late join antag roll to see if you show up as your character, or a clone of someone else.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Problems with Cloning. Character Background edition.

Post by Mothblocks » #630939

Cloning is still canon, it's referenced in common core, I think it just costs too much to put on the stations.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #630963

genetics already has this, just be a traitor with the dart pistol, and clone someones dna for syringes
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #631037

serxule wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:48 am genetics already has this, just be a traitor with the dart pistol, and clone someones dna for syringes
Unique enzyme syringes got nerfed to only be temporary because of a large amount of grief. Should be undone and given a headman ruling saying non-antags doing that is ahelp worthy grief.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later