Implant the HoP and disable antag?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Implant the HoP and disable antag?

Post by callanrockslol » #90578

Arguably the three most powerful jobs for an antag have already had this done to them.

This is good because we don't have to worry about every single briging for minor things leading to spacing and the AI flooding plasma every single round because the captain decided to subvert the AI so he could steal his own pants in piece.

Then we have an all access assistant that starts off fairly well armed and can easily arm himself with the infinite loot that is cargopinata.

If we are going to have captain protected we really need the HoP too, starting with all access and a gun is way more than any other job and can be utterly devestating if they pull shit captain antags used to do, like subvert the AI, flood plasma, smash the bridge and murder everyone because nobody can catch them after they spaced all the suits.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Implant the HoP and disable antag?

Post by imblyings » #90579

Anecdotally speaking, HoP antags aren't an insta-win thing for some reason. You'd think they would be and they do start with a hell of a lot more things than other antags might but players keep on finding ways to fail as a HoP antag regardless.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #90583

Yeah similar things could happen with captain and sec antag. The bigger they are the harder they can fall, having a lot of neat gear and access doesn't make you invulnerable and you still have one body to do one thing at a time with like anyone else.

The worst murderboners originate more from a way to mitigate or bypass combat see mass slipping with no slips prior to spray nerf and old guns free hulk or even further back the cloak, not really access to weapons alone. The nastiest thing hop can get with his job is probably an ablative vest or a space suit, don't get me wrong in some revisions the vest was disgusting.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90585

If anything being in a higher position of power as a antag (job wise) might make said antag slightly more overzealous or less guarded. So they may be more prone to making mistakes.

Also it can be easier for security to zero in on a antag who makes usage of their job equipment. For example someone running around with a all access ID card really narrows down the list of plausible suspects from the entire crew to two people, and one of them is antag immune.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #90593

There are so many reasons why this is a bad idea. There's no reason why the three most powerful people on the station should be station loyal no matter what. If you can't handle traitor HoPs subverting AIs then don't let them subvert AIs.

The only argument for this is literally 'they are too dangerous.' They aren't even that dangerous.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90595

It's because the HOP is universally considered shifty as fuck, unlike the captain who is generally supported by the crew unless they start being/ are called hitler
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #90616

callanrockslol wrote:Arguably the three most powerful jobs for an antag have already had this done to them.

This is good because we don't have to worry about every single briging for minor things leading to spacing and the AI flooding plasma every single round because the captain decided to subvert the AI so he could steal his own pants in piece.

Then we have an all access assistant that starts off fairly well armed and can easily arm himself with the infinite loot that is cargopinata.

If we are going to have captain protected we really need the HoP too, starting with all access and a gun is way more than any other job and can be utterly devestating if they pull shit captain antags used to do, like subvert the AI, flood plasma, smash the bridge and murder everyone because nobody can catch them after they spaced all the suits.

The only time an antag HOP becomes a problem is on low pop rounds with no Captain.

Otherwise, it still takes some skill to not get bagged, as HOPcurity and HOPs showing up where they aren't supposed to is pretty much frowned upon by everyone.

While HOP antags can be the GOAT with some luck, there isn't enough disparity between the abilities of an HOP antag and any others to justify it.

I say this having been on your side of the argument for most of my time in Spessmens, but having realized that HOP antags simply aren't that powerful, as there is usually a lot of oversight.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #90669

I don't have a problem with HOP antags, but I do think their access to security lockers and EVA needs to be re-evaluated. It also kinda bites that they can so easily give themselves all access. Often as captain my HOP gives himself all access and causing a huge stir with demotion usually ends you with more problems than you started with.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #90670

Non-issue

Nothing wrong with HoP, it's a high-access (See: all-access) job with a starting weapon but nothing in the realm of broken like Security antag - Primarily because you do not trust them from a meta standpoint, and if they want Security gear, they have to go through the supervision of the Warden + Anyone else in the Brig. This game is balanced around having important roles filled, so saying "But what if nosec" is kind of invalid for a balance concern.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #90715

I'm in favor of keeping HoP antag. All-access shenanigans are pretty great and he's not really all that special, all he starts with is all access and a gun (and the all-access any traitor can get with an emag).
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #90786

The only really problem with antag HoP's is handing out all access for teh lulz (or in case of cult, to ass fuck sec with 20 spies).

Of course there are plenty of shitty NON antag HoP's that do this, so eh.
Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Post by Marflow » #90847

Ideally there'd be a system that would determine if HoP can be antag (or how much more unlikely it is) depending on skeleton/full crew and the amount of heads and if there's a captain. Alternatively or additionaly, antag heads would have one additional objective to reflect how easy it is to traitor around as any head. Personally I'd just have disabled antag for HoP simply based of facts rather than anecdote on how suspicous someone might get when HoP does something when in reality nobody gives a fuck what HoP does in it's owl suit and it shouldn't be a factor.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #90905

I think the system is fine as is. It gives an opportunity for clever and robust HoP antagonists to become antag Captain, which is difficult and comes with a lot of risk and ways to get caught out, but should still, I think, be vaguely possible to accomplish.

HoPs are under constant scrutiny and are always expected to be at their office. Plus being the most powerful job that can roll antag brings with it a lot of suspicion and caution too.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman