Bioengineering and dank.

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Bioengineering?

Yes
55%
No
18%
Maybe, Other
27%

Total votes: 11

Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Bioengineering and dank.

Post by Marflow » #90596

New job that would encompass Service and Medical with a hint of Science.
Idea is that the Bioengineer would be able to produce more advanced medicine, plants and implants using existing chems, plants and tech. Not a fully fledged system but here's few neat things a Bioengineer could potentially do:
- More durable and long lived plant strains using virus symptoms (Eternal Youth for age, Weight even to use less nutrients, Vomiting to randomly drop a crop, Confusion to slow down pest accumulation, Hallucinogen to make the plant produce all the dank substances, Deoxyribonucleic Acid Aide to make the plant change type (Tomato to Blood tomato and back etc) at some intervals)
- Altering seeds to make them into other versions of the plant (Tomato to Blood tomato etc), as in, genetics for Plants without unstable mutagen.
- Refining plants to produce chems similar to botany, chem master to make pills etc out of them. Possibly even synthesizing plant chems from nutriment if upgraded via Science parts.
- Implanting and augmenting crew, possibly with more biology-oriented parts, such as stapling pieces of corgi meat on the chest for added melee resistance or a Regenerator implant module that could revive the person to near-crit once before expiring or producing portable IV drip implants that would inject small amount of chems when turned on.
Some of these ideas may be a bit silly but I think it would be refreshing to see new stuff for biology since lately we've mostly been getting metal/silicon stuff.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Bioengineering and dank.

Post by bandit » #90855

I like this idea in theory but design-wise it is a little sprawling and all over the place.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #90872

Why not add a botanist slot, and give the extra equipment to them?
Marflow

Post by Marflow » #91129

Of course the Bioengineering could be just implemented to Chemistry or Botany, probably Botany since it has less players in general. Either way I think that utilizing virology with plants would bring more life to hydroponics and potentially bring more augments and implants. Perhaps turn Hydro into more science oriented or have biology-spesific science part?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91147

I feel like if we had a bioengineering part it could be more dependent on building augments and stuff, like creating new arms that shoot lasers or something
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91174

That's biomechanical engineering...I think? Wikipedia is spitting internal errors at me right now.

Bio-engineering as outlined here is genetic engineering with a side of Dr Frankenstein.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #91254

no thanks we don't need another job that does the same as three other jobs
we also don't need more job types there are plenty as is
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Marflow

Post by Marflow » #91508

I don't see why we wouldn't need new jobs desperately right now since there's the Assistant cap. Also as said before, bioengineering could be just implemented by adding more pre-existing job slots and refurnishing their lab. Botany for example is pretty boring if you're not growing antag shit. Sure, you can be busy in botany by planting too many plants alone but that's not very interesting when most of the plants are just nutriment+vitamin with a different sprite and chef is just wanking in the coldroom, not using anything so you become bored and make potency 100 bananas at which point suicide is the only solution for the evil you have caused to the station.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #91513

overspecialized niche job

sounds like something to merge into botanist
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha