Reagant Viruses

A place to record your ideas for the game.
oneechan
Byond Username: MajorAppleSauce

Reagant Viruses

Post by oneechan » #102710

The idea is that you would have a symptom that causes a person to generate reagants inside or outside themselves, with the specific kind of chemical being (randomly) generated when a mutation creates the symptom. The amount of chemical produced could be based on what chemical it is, for balance, and to simulate that some chemicals might be more "expensive" for the body to produce.

Implementing this would require special casing the symptom or refactoring the code to allow for symptoms to be partially randomly generated in general. I think the code for displaying symptoms would also need to accomodate the reagant parameter a reagant symptom would have, so virologists could tell what reagant would be produced.

The motivating case for this feature would be (along with a "clothes acid" reagant that only melts clothes) to create contagious nudity.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Reagant Viruses

Post by ThanatosRa » #102717

what about one that creates mutagen. Infectious mutations. Like Bad mutations. That kill.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #102718

This is hilarious! Note that many viruses already work by producing reagents (below the OD threshold), so making a virus that produces different kinds of things should not be TOO difficult.
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #103051

There's something kind of beautifully SS13 about engineering a virus that produces plasma so that we can extract it from a person, balancing keeping them alive and harvesting that sweet, sweet plasma.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #103175

Engineering a virus to produce plasma has Nanotraesn written all over it
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #103398

Have corresponding immunity to intravenous chemicals mutation so a lucky guy with death blood could just waddle around using blood vomit as a weapon.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103465

Morphine virus would SUUUUUUCK
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #103633

JackHunt wrote:There's something kind of beautifully SS13 about engineering a virus that produces plasma so that we can extract it from a person, balancing keeping them alive and harvesting that sweet, sweet plasma.
finally, the clown has a purpose
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #103635

bandit wrote:
JackHunt wrote:finally, the clown has a purpose
>Inb4 some chucklefuck makes a virus that produces banana and gives it to the clown