Deputies

A place to record your ideas for the game.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Deputies

Post by rdght91 » #113638

Add a locker in the HOS's office with a few devices-
Some device that can very quickly add (change modes or remove) minimal security access (same as detective or lawyer) and adds "-Deputy" to the end of whatever your job is.
6 or so batons
6 or so deputy hats and armbands
6 or so regular headsets with security chips

No extra loyalty implants, deputies are not supposed to be as trustworthy as actual sec unless the HOS is willing to use their existing implants or order more, and just serve to help security deal with securing a situation and helping their department head with minor issues.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Re: Deputies

Post by whodaloo » #113646

lmao

okay i felt bad about leaving it at that so i'm gonna expound a little bit
you can literally already do this

the hos starts with a band of armbands, has an id console in his office, and starts right next to a room full of batons
Last edited by whodaloo on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #113647

If you're deputising six people, be worried. The HoS can use the console in their office to change access, and give out stunbatons from the many Sec lockers.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #113649

This can easily be achieved by using the department control console to give them access, and then giving them an armband. Pretty easy already.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #113713

Forgot about the new console thing. Whoops.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #113714

He already has all those things

Including regular headsets, in fact.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #113746

Well, as a counterpoint, it is kind of annoying to run around gathering all this equipment for someone that may or may not use it properly. Especially when I need to deputize several people at once which usually happens to be during an emergency, I think it would just be convenient if I could shove a box in their hands already full of all the deputy stuff.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #113749

Reimoo wrote:Well, as a counterpoint, it is kind of annoying to run around gathering all this equipment for someone that may or may not use it properly. Especially when I need to deputize several people at once which usually happens to be during an emergency, I think it would just be convenient if I could shove a box in their hands already full of all the deputy stuff.
You could always set up deputy packs using the abundance of spare backpacks in the wardrobe.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #114954

I would like to see Deputy added as job on the Job Console for no reason other than to differentiate them from normal round start officers.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #115061

>deputies already exist
it's like the temperature gun guy all over again
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #115263

In an emergency I just chuck random guns at people over the warden counter and threaten to beat them if they misuse them.

Always worked out well!

Maybe make a deputy job the HoS can give out to people with his console?