SyndiCake

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

SyndiCake

Post by Helios » #122088

Have a food item that can be produced by the Cook that after eating makes the person resistant to Loyalty Implants for the next X minutes. Depending on the potency of the cake.

Just to stop people metagaming resist implant=auto execute
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: SyndiCake

Post by ThanatosRa » #122090

And then watch the chef get harmbatoned then spaced.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #122093

you know there is literally an item called syndicakes in the game right now yes?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #122094

Scones wrote:you know there is literally an item called syndicakes in the game right now yes?
Yeah but Jaffa Cake is not a cake, but biscuit.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Helios

Post by Helios » #122099

Scones wrote:you know there is literally an item called syndicakes in the game right now yes?
It's been in the game for a while.
Does it have this effect though?
Does it have any effect?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #122100

"Depending on the potency of the cake."

what determines this

and no, syndicakes had special traits but they were removed
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #122102

The special trait in question was healing Syndicate operatives - so of course, validhunting shits forcefed random crewmembers Syndicakes to see if the harmbatonning they'd done had been healed, in which case, FREE VALIDS YAY
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #122103

This isn't going to have the effect you're looking for. The tell-tale sign of revolutions is flashing, not randomly implanting people. And sec is always going to kill anyone who resists, just to be sure.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122112

the concept of having non-antag ways to resist implants is a good idea for a metabreaker though
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #122118

MisterPerson wrote:This isn't going to have the effect you're looking for. The tell-tale sign of revolutions is flashing, not randomly implanting people. And sec is always going to kill anyone who resists, just to be sure.
Let's say there's multiple rev heads. 2 are running flashing everyone, one is staying in Cargo, and only doing people in his department.
Head of Security and captain burst in, cuff everyone and start implanting
The cargo tech is automatically "valid" even though nobody saw him doing any rev head things because "lol he rejected the implant"
Or in my case Perma
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #122154

Helios wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:This isn't going to have the effect you're looking for. The tell-tale sign of revolutions is flashing, not randomly implanting people. And sec is always going to kill anyone who resists, just to be sure.
Let's say there's multiple rev heads. 2 are running flashing everyone, one is staying in Cargo, and only doing people in his department.
Head of Security and captain burst in, cuff everyone and start implanting
The cargo tech is automatically "valid" even though nobody saw him doing any rev head things because "lol he rejected the implant"
Or in my case Perma
Ah, it's "I dead please nerf".

Security will still execute anyone who ever resists an implant because Revs and Gangs are Red Alert situations.

Also being in a non-fortified cargo as a revhead is a bad idea, sec always jumps on cargo.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: ↑Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #122169

Don't forget that shitters will inevitably use this to banbait by eating them, doing something to get implanted, and adminhelping when executed as a revhead.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #122175

Seriously though, if there's a confirmed rev, and you're not implantable?

Unless you're very lucky and have an officer willing to babysit you in the brig, you're going to die.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #122217

Irregardless, this is a bad idea. It'll only serve to create administration problems, not better gameplay.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #122222

I don't see how it'll create an administration problem at all other than the people Thunder11 mentioned getting banned for banbaiting. Less shitters on the server.

Still a dumb idea in general though.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #122223

New Player's adminhelp, "Hey this security officer ______ tased me, cuffed me, implanted me, and killed me."
Admin, "Do you know why he went after you?"
Player, "No."
Admin, "Alright, I'll talk to him."

[I tried to put a 2000 years later slide from Spongebob here but it couldn't determine the dimensions of the image :cry:

Admin, "So he says you resisted the implant."
Player, "You can do that?"
Admin, "Did you happen to eat any Syndicakes this round?"
Player, "Yeah?"
Admin, "Syndicakes make crew who eat them resist implants."
Player, "Oh! I didn't know that actually, sorry!"

It's not necessarily a harmful exchange, but one that doesn't really need to happen in the first place.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #122225

This is a massive buff to revs, as now sec needs to walk on eggshells over executing rev heads when the revs have no such concerns. Not needed whatsoever, sorry you got dunked
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #122235

Wyzack wrote:This is a massive buff to revs, as now sec needs to walk on eggshells over executing rev heads when the revs have no such concerns. Not needed whatsoever, sorry you got dunked
Just make eating the cakes a capital crime.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #122242

And so the captain said "Let them eat ca-GLORF. Ha-alp sh-hi-t-cur-rity gr-ri-ff-in-g m-me" before being tossed out into the depths of space by the HoS
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #122300

Again, rev would be improved with major/minor victories.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #122304

The entire point of the implant is a meta check to stop mass murder during rev though.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #122318

Kor wrote:The entire point of the implant is a meta check to stop mass murder during rev though.
And how will that work? It's rev. People are going to kill those who resist implants regardless of whether it's possible to do so without being a revhead, because unimplanted people are a huge liability. Plus you can flat out execute revolutionaries anyway if you run out of implants. This would be just the same.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #122324

Cheimon wrote:
Kor wrote:The entire point of the implant is a meta check to stop mass murder during rev though.
And how will that work? It's rev. People are going to kill those who resist implants regardless of whether it's possible to do so without being a revhead, because unimplanted people are a huge liability. Plus you can flat out execute revolutionaries anyway if you run out of implants. This would be just the same.
You didn't read what Kor said.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: ↑Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
Helios

Post by Helios » #122421

Okay, I don't quite get this statement.
When is there not mass murder during rev?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #122425

If there is no refuse implant message then sec will just have to kill every rev to find the rev heads and win
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Helios

Post by Helios » #122429

Wyzack wrote:If there is no refuse implant message then sec will just have to kill every rev to find the rev heads and win
But it also fucks over rev heads who don't run around flashing everyone they can and instead act with subtlety, giving them a meta death sentence because this string of text means you are a traitor.
It punishes rev heads for acting in such a way that I don't think needs to be punished.
After all, what's the point of subtlety if a security member will randomly stun you, drag you to brig, see you're rejected and then space you.
Just try to run around like a chicken with your head off and flash as many people as you can before you inevitably get caught
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #122435

Helios wrote:
Okay, I don't quite get this statement.
When is there not mass murder during rev?
It's nothing like the good ol days before implants with security murdering literally everyone else, rev or not, to win.

Stealthy rev heads with no hard tell/test meant you just had to start exterminatin the crew if you ever wanted the round to end
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #122516

Helios wrote:
Wyzack wrote:If there is no refuse implant message then sec will just have to kill every rev to find the rev heads and win
But it also fucks over rev heads who don't run around flashing everyone they can and instead act with subtlety, giving them a meta death sentence because this string of text means you are a traitor.
It punishes rev heads for acting in such a way that I don't think needs to be punished.
After all, what's the point of subtlety if a security member will randomly stun you, drag you to brig, see you're rejected and then space you.
Just try to run around like a chicken with your head off and flash as many people as you can before you inevitably get caught
Hint: Once rev has been called out, stealthy time is over.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124603

Helios wrote:Have a food item that can be produced by the Cook that after eating makes the person resistant to Loyalty Implants for the next X minutes. Depending on the potency of the cake.

Just to stop people metagaming resist implant=auto execute
if you resist an implant im still going to kill you this would just cause the person who ate it to end up out of the round when they could have jumped straight back into the fight.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #124629

Thunder11 wrote:Don't forget that shitters will inevitably use this to banbait by eating them, doing something to get implanted, and adminhelping when executed as a revhead.
it boils down to act like an antag get fukt like an antag
if you're a shitter to sec/break into brig and get dunked for resisting an implant, it's on you
if you're doing nothing to sec and just doing your job then it should be ahelpable

but what reason would you have for eating syndicakes if you're not a rev? Bring back the healing factor (for both antags and nonantags) if it's not already in and have the implant resistance be a side effect

also make it so it doesn't eat the implant or else people will use this to deplete sec's implant supply as nonantags. That could be an interesting dynamic but it would get annoying
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124690

none of the gamemodes that involve implants involve the syndicate though.