Malf Update ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Malf Update ideas

Post by Helios » #131948

Malf seems like a mode that hasn't been updated in a long time, and could use some updates. As it only goes one of two ways, either a borging factory or APC jumping antics and 5 people standing around an APC as the malf counts down and don't know how to deconstruct the APC
•Malf can spend points making swarmers, who are AI aligned.
•Malf can spend all their points on sending a spoofed message to Centcomm, giving evidence that the entire crew has been replaced by changelings. A couple death squad members/an ERT are sent in to kill people
•Malf can hack people wearing HUDs, giving phantom images. Like hallucinations but cohesive, so instead of everyone seeing aliens/bombs, it gives them the vision of people putting stuff in their bag, or a nuclear operative, depending on what Malf AI chooses.
•Malf gets a lifelike android,which has hands. Can be used to do everything that cyborgs can't do because they have no hands, like taking out brains or constructing borgs.
•Malf space satellite gets put back into space, they can jump to it by spending all their points
Last edited by Helios on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Malf Update ideas

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #131949

Helios wrote:Malf seems like a mode that hasn't been updated in a long time, and could use some updates. As it only goes one of two ways, either a borging factory or APC jumping antics and 5 people standing around an APC as the malf counts down and don't know how to deconstruct the APC
•Malf can spend points making swarmers, who are AI aligned.
•Malf can spend all their points on sending a spoofed message to Centcomm, giving evidence that the entire crew has been replaced by changelings. A couple death squad members/an ERT are sent in to kill people
•Malf can hack people wearing HUDs, giving phantom images. Like hallucinations but cohesive, so instead of everyone seeing aliens/bombs, it gives them the vision of people putting stuff in their bag, or a nuclear operative, depending on what Malf AI chooses.
•Malf gets a lifelike android,which has hands. Can be used to do everything that cyborgs can't do because they have no hands, like taking out brains or constructing borgs.

Swarmers are awful in malf rounds as it is. It'd have to be like the borg factory if the malf could make them
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #131953

Modules on the borgs should not be tied to borg type - instead an assortment of modules can be purchased at the cost of points to outfit the borgs for your specific tactic.

This way you don't have to meta when it's malf about what type of borg to pick.

This could also be used for emagged or traitor borgs - where the borg gets granted some points to select a few illegal modules.

Perhaps even the syndie borg could have it, so it can outfit itself into different types of role based on the syndicate plan.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #131969

malf can simutaneously blow all PDAs.
malf can overclock and underclock all magboots once.
Overclocking stops the wearer until they remove it.
Underclocking forces the wearer to constantly slip and fall until they remove it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131981

Malf causes the Ai to grow arms and legs and a data sword that he has to kill the entire crew with so malf rounds don't consist of waiting for the heads and yellow glovers to kill the ai for 40 minutes while the rest of the crew drinks themselves to death from boredom
MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Post by MrMindless » #132195

been suggested many times but malf should be able to read lips through its cameras
Also interesting (for less experienced malf players mostly) would be a "multicore processing" upgrade where one of the ghosts gets turned into a second AI within the same core as you (for a hefty price)
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #132200

Malf can spend some (small) amount of points on an ability that can temporarily disguise hacked APCs as normal, but only for a limited amount of time (15-30 seconds or so).

Benefits:

- Prevents random assistants stumbling upon APCs in maint, screaming AI MALF, and ruining the round early

Counters:

- Costs points that can be put toward something else, I'm thinking like 5-10
- Lasts a short amount of time; cannot be stacked
- The AI has to know that someone is nearing that part of maint, which isn't always possible (but some areas have camera coverage, and there are always borgs
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #132201

Also a QoL thing would be to allow AIs to jump to hacked APCs like they can track people
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #132218

MrMindless wrote:been suggested many times but malf should be able to read lips through its cameras
Also interesting (for less experienced malf players mostly) would be a "multicore processing" upgrade where one of the ghosts gets turned into a second AI within the same core as you (for a hefty price)
I tried the lip reading thing and had trouble getting that working. I might give it another shot one day.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #132222

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again:

Give malf modules to traitor AIs, remove malf as a mode.

Crag is correct in that malf is 40 minutes of nothing followed by 5-10 minutes of a handful of crew with the right gear doing the same boring satellite assault. It's just dull as its own mode.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #132224

Kor wrote:Crag is correct
:shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: