ID locked restraints

A place to record your ideas for the game.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

ID locked restraints

Post by rdght91 » #135771

These should be difficult to make, only one or two should spawn. Kind an upgraded straightjacket. The only way to remove them without security access is hacking the reader kinda like a door with a risk of shocking the shit out of both of them.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: ID locked restraints

Post by Gun Hog » #135772

Why would you desire such a thing?
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #135774

Gun Hog wrote:Why would you desire such a thing?
I just think it'd be neat. It's be useful for taking prisoners to be borged or whatever.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135775

The whole 'balance' of handcuffs, if you like, is that if you leave someone alone in them for too long they'll eventually get out, and probably have the restraints to boot.

If you really want something stronger, just use a straightjacket, cuffs, and buckle them to a bed. That's impossible to get out of, as far as I know. If you need to go further than that, sedate them.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #135792

CosmicScientist wrote:You can 'cuff someone you put in a straight jacket?
There's no need; they can't use their arms, take it off, resist out of it and can't unbuckle themselves if they get buckled. It's what you use if you absolutely don't want someone getting out by themselves. Well, unless they're a ling.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #135793

> Can't escape them.
> Normal restraints.

'I am unrobust please I need a way to not look like a complete shitter when perma-ing someone'.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135801

Security wouldn't need ID-locked restraints if people stopped trying to attack them or run when they're uncuffed.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135810

CosmicScientist wrote:
Cheimon wrote:The whole 'balance' of handcuffs, if you like, is that if you leave someone alone in them for too long they'll eventually get out, and probably have the restraints to boot.

If you really want something stronger, just use a straightjacket, cuffs, and buckle them to a bed. That's impossible to get out of, as far as I know. If you need to go further than that, sedate them.
You can 'cuff someone you put in a straight jacket?
I'd need to double check, but I think so. Either way, if you buckle them to something while they're jacketed, they can't unbuckle and therefore they can't resist out of the jacket itself. Use a roller chair or bed, and you have a strong method of imprisonment. Combine it with a set of legcuffs, which is easy enough to do, and even if they do escape they'll be stuffed for getting away. Your only problem is other people rescuing them, which can be resolved by tasering people in the way (it's normally fairly obvious, at least, when someone is following you to go for an uncuffing).

If you're not comfortable with that, you can also take the further steps of killing the prisoner, or just removing their brain in the transfer centre.