Detective Revolver sidegrades

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Detective Revolver sidegrades

Post by Wyzack » #142745

Bottom post of the previous page:

If you don't pistol whip as detective you are doing something very wrong
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #142748

how do you even whip pistol?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #142749

Attack at point blank I suppose.

I prefer to singe perps with cigarettes.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #142751

Attach a one use before needing a recharging port mini stun baton to the bottom of the dets gun (say its concealed to stop stupid looking sprite reworks); shoot the legs, then whack them with the baton and rope them into cuffs for a execute/arrest, would give more leverage against hard-line antagonists like lings so that dets dont lose their handcannon in the first few minutes leading to much whining in deadchat/ooc (eh icepacks?) while having it be one use at a time restraining feature.

Also would make low-population detective work much more viable (and counter abusable to put dets out of action quickly) since its very easy to thin them out with a ambush as opposed to a high pop round where they will likely stay in public areas and call in for numerous police officers. To balance it further with this addition, knock down the damage on the dets gun by a small margin.

Ok thread over, it can't get much better than that. :honk:

Spoiler:
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #142756

John_Oxford wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Well it would make the gun better, right? Therefore it would be mandatory, if you want to remain robust. Meaning you would be doing it every new round, going through the motions, making your firearm superior. That's not a good design in my opinion.
No, because the attachments arent 100% "YOUR GUN IS BETTER DIMITRI, YOU HAVE ZE TACTICAL GRIP"

They have downsides and upsides, 357. barrels on a revolver, would switch to a traitor aquired caliber which is harder to come by, would do more damage, but not stun.

Polymer grips would do less damage when you hit someone with a gun, but it lowers the chance of a disarm taking the gun out of your hand.

Foregrips would require two hands, but stabilize aim and lower the chance of disarms making you drop the gun.

>tfw if you people would have actually read the 5 gunsmithing threads i made
Can you fuck off please, this isn't about you obsession with gunsmithing, it's about possible alternative detective weaponry

stop derailing the goddamn thread
"What the FUCK is Carbon Dioxide?" guy
I write a web serial about aliens: https://pseudofunk.wordpress.com
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #142757

To pistol whip you need to direct click on harm intent. Great for interrogations or breaking up peacefull protests, although me emoting burning their eyeball with a cigarette is also an acceptable alternative
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster