Make Mint Growable

A place to record your ideas for the game.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Make Mint Growable

Post by starmute » #161701

Mint currently is a great toxin to gib fat people. But there is only one mint in the game. You should be able to grow some in botany. Mint shouldn't be that hard to sprite/code.

Thank you for reading this. Thank you for your time and consideration
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Make Mint Growable

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161702

starmute wrote:Thank you for reading this. Thank you for your time and consideration
You're quite welcome

This might not be done since the mint is a reference and therefore kind of taboo to touch. Would be fun though
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #161705

It's a reference to James Bond right?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #161706

Zilenan91 wrote:It's a reference to James Bond right?
Here's the reference
NSFW
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161786

I have in all my years of this game not seen mint used to gib a person even one time. Considering how long it takes nutriment to process in order to actually accumulate the needed girth i would say the ability for this to be abused is very low
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #161788

It actually doesn't work for some reason. I've tested it multiple times and even forced obesity to do it. No luck.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161789

Interesting. Maybe we should just remove it then. Although i do think it would be an interesting balancing factor for slimepeople, who need to get fat in order to split
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #161790

Mint doesn't work anymore because we don't have fatsprites
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #161805

Mint used to work at some point. I shot someone with minttoxin in a syringe gun back when we had fat sprites and they exploded. It was brilliant.
I play Boris Pepper.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #161828

sprite it and ill add it
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #161831

iamgoofball wrote:sprite it and ill add it
If someone links me to a revision where fat sprites still exist, I'll make sprites for most of the jumpsuit slot outfits we have now. Just give me some time and I will actually do it.
All you gotta do is prevent people from wearing exo-suit slot items if they're fat, that's how it works on D20station.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161863

Stickymayhem wrote:It actually doesn't work for some reason. I've tested it multiple times and even forced obesity to do it. No luck.
are you certain? just the other day i got myself fat on a virus and ate the mint and gibbed
edit: yeah i just tested it, it definitely works. the thing is that in order for you to actually become fat, you have to eat a bunch and then wait until you get the message "You suddenly feel blubbery!" and once you have that message you'll see "S/he is quite chubby." in your examine text
getting fat in the first place it just really hard unless you have a lot of luck with rng
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #161983

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:It actually doesn't work for some reason. I've tested it multiple times and even forced obesity to do it. No luck.
are you certain? just the other day i got myself fat on a virus and ate the mint and gibbed
edit: yeah i just tested it, it definitely works. the thing is that in order for you to actually become fat, you have to eat a bunch and then wait until you get the message "You suddenly feel blubbery!" and once you have that message you'll see "S/he is quite chubby." in your examine text
getting fat in the first place it just really hard unless you have a lot of luck with rng
Turns out hunger was literally just turned off in the code the last few times I tried it and that's been fixed now. I guess that's why it didn't work.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #161988

i meant sprite me the plant
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #162100

Stickymayhem wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Turns out hunger was literally just turned off in the code the last few times I tried it and that's been fixed now. I guess that's why it didn't work.
you could still get fat when hunger was off. hunger being off just made it easier to get fat because you never burned calories. getting fat is just really really really hard.
Spoiler:
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #162182

iamgoofball wrote:i meant sprite me the plant
I still want to sprite the fat sprites, though.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #162447

Inb4 chefs start addings tons of nutriment and mint to all their dishes to murder the entire crew.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.