Remove blob.

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Remove blob?

Yes
31%
I enjoy running back and forth recharging my gun or refilling the welder
69%

Total votes: 45

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Remove blob.

Post by Lumbermancer » #174958

1. It's shit.
2. I hate it.
3. It's boring.
4. It always plays out the same.
5. If it doesn't, it drags for too long.
6. Spamming welder does not require sentient thought.
7. It happens 2-3 times in a row, every 2-3 rounds.
8. Everyone agrees and suicides the moment it's announced.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Remove blob.

Post by Armhulen » #174959

fair enough

edit: actually, maybe a rework is more in order, blobbernaughts with snot guns???
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #174960

Tyranid game mode when
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175060

I love blob. I love observing its struggles with disgusting power gaming crew. When the sloppy RD falls to blob tactics with his filthy xray guns I cheer. When blobernaut delivers fist of justice to emitter placing cowards I am filled with happiness. When the sloppy security flashbang worthless assistants and the blobs eat them it is a riot. When crew shoot each other. When they blow their own welding tanks. When the fire helps the blob. When R&D land of sin perishes. When the tendrils grow fat on the failure of those like you who can't adapt to anything beyond hunting wascally twaitors like you, I reflect on how I prefer being dead to serving at the side of people like you.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #175066

Wyzack wrote:Tyranid game mode when
Trynaid RTS Space Station Invasion Simulator 2556 When?
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #175069

I hate blob too, and I'm pretty sure that 80% of the playerbase does.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175070

I hate blob, too, but voted no because fuck loaded polls.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #175071

That is a bad poll I agree, and who doesn't like running back and fourth recharging your weapons?
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #175121

Voted no. The poll is shit, and I do enjoy the mode. This and war ops are the only time you can reasonably expect the crew even trying to work as a team, and it's cool when that happens. I don't ever want to play blob more than twice in a row, because the rounds get too similar, but it's a fun thing to do now and then.

A number of departments that are otherwise somewhat irrelevant to non-antags suddenly become much more useful in a blob round. Medical is the biggest example, where good doctors, virologists, chemists, and cloners can really show their skill and make a difference. Science also finally has RnD produce things that help the station instead of just giving bombs to antagonists. Blob validates cargo ordering a bunch of guns instead of just being the place to camp for implants. A number of these things are true of war ops as well (medical less so) but that's so recent compared to blob and it's less frequent as well.

Blob is also fun to play as, and blobbernaut is another player role that's good most of the time. It is satisfying to engage in a station-wide asymmetric attacker-defender scenario, and there aren't other game modes like it. Many of the other modes are not that original in terms of how they play out: cult, rev, and gang for example all behave surprisingly similarly if they don't kill security.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #175136

I don't suicide because I see things through once I start them, but nothing gets me closer to almost doing it than blob
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #175142

I always suicide in bleb rounds, unless I'm a scientist, because RnD usually can't accomplish anything in time without me. Unless someone like Mekhi or Magni is doing it, of course. Anyone else, though? Instant suicide. Blob rounds are a long, pointless mess that always goes exactly the same. You were a clown going on a crusade for bananium? You were an engineer building an autism fort? Bartender, cook? Fuck you. Grab a welder and click on blob tiles until you die. If RnD and cargo are manned by good players, crew wins. If not, crew loses. Every fucking time.

suicide
Bring back papercult.

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #175180

so what you're saying is we need to give more departments an ability to fight back against the blob using their departmental tools and skills
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #175185

I like blob as a random side event that can occur late into long rounds, but as a primary round antagonist I really do not care for it.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #175195

I like blob rounds well enough but they feel like they're way too common. Sometimes 2-3 times in a row.

I could get on board with adding more department specific ways to fight the blob. Make Pete highly resistant to blob attacks and able to eat blob squares. Maybe give blobs a little less brute resistance so a grey tide of spears will do better. Let space vines attack blob squares so the botanists can release their own station eater. Let blobs take toxin damage so botany can give out death nettles and gloves.
--Crocodillo

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #175309

blob does kinda suck a lot of the time but it has its moments

admins just need to learn to force the gamemode to something else and start pressing buttons when it's the third blob round in a row
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #175318

Blob dindu nuffin
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #176023

Blob can be an extremely fun gamemode when you have a good crew and a good blob going back and forth in power struggles; unfortunately, this rarely happens. Due to this, I wouldn't mind blob being moved to a mid-round side antagonist opposed to a gamemode.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #176034

Blob is boring. Hivebots RTS game mode when?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #176124

op rekt by their own poll
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #176163

Okand37 wrote:Blob can be an extremely fun gamemode when you have a good crew and a good blob going back and forth in power struggles; unfortunately, this rarely happens. Due to this, I wouldn't mind blob being moved to a mid-round side antagonist opposed to a gamemode.
Pretty much this. I don't want to see it gone.
If blob was rarer, maybe people would actually try to fight a blob for once. I'm sure even Lumbermancer could overcome his apathy if the event wasn't all that common. You know, just for the change of pace.
Obviously this doesn't guarantee a fun round, but when there's too many people just not giving a fuck about a game mode, you really can't make it any worse.
Blob is currently at 7.3% - on par with wizard and only above sling and extendu~ (2.4%), so you'd have to take it out of the rotation all together pretty much...and I'm not quite sure if blob plays well with other game modes; an experienced blob player can wreck the station when the crew already is in disarray.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #176172

Just make it rare.