Completely official design doc for conversion modes

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Completely official design doc for conversion modes

Post by Man_Shroom » #178503

I saw a thread about conversion modes and this was going to be a post in that thread but it got too long so here it is now

OKAY HERE WE GO MAN_SHROOM'S OFFICIAL DESIGN DOC TO FIXING CONVERSION MODES

SHADOWLING
Spoiler:
Slings should not convert crewmembers to the cause of the sling, but should RAISE THE DEAD IN A NEW BODY as its minions (As in, ghosts become 'Dark Servant' or something)
In addition, slings would compete with each other over thralls. Who can be the darkest and edgiest darkedgelord?
More to come as I make it up.
GANG
Spoiler:
It would be easier for me to just link to a different page than summing it all up here so http://wiki.ss13.co/Gang

1. Gang leaders have the objective 'Stay alive, control the most turf.' These are the only objectives

2. Gang leaders spawn A LOCKER that crewmembers wander up to and WILLINGLY CONVERT TO THE GANG, which equips the gangs clothes/hats/suit PERMANENTLY

3. Gangs are not considered antagonists, they are to be viewed the same as a group of assistants dressed in suits and playing mafia during an extended round.

4. Gang leaders have a SPECIAL TOOL that lets them add 'Gang Style' to the minds of all gangsters. These function as laws that the gangsters must observe. Example: Gang leader orders all gangsters to wear bandannas, all gangsters to chill in the bar, not to harm security, etc.

5. Security S.O.P is to consider different gangs as different entities, Example: If WORLD'S BEST BUDDIES gang is chilling and smoking weed in the bar, then just ignore them, but if TUNNEL SNAKES are gunning down everyone they see, well then fuck them up. Hell, maybe even recruit the Science gang, BADMIN BUSTAS to help you.

6. You can deconvert from any gang at any time by going to the locker you converted at, and after that, you can become a member of a different gang at their locker. No forced conversion/deconversion exists.

7. Gang UPLINKS still exist and function basically the same as they do now, but maybe less dangerous stuff on it. Uzi might be removed? Idk but BALANCE MEMES would happen.
Hand of God
Spoiler:
just put it out of its misery and let it die
BLOODCULT AND CLOCKCULT
Spoiler:
I assume that these various modes will be condensed down to have a low chance of occurring since ultimately there will be THREE modes, Bloodult, Clockcult, and CULT BATTLE.

If Cult has a 1% chance of occuring, and so does clockcult, and so does CULT BATTLE, then they will together have a 3% chance of occurring, the same way the original bloodcult mode had a 3% chance of occurring

DISCLAIMER: The above numbers are made up, the point is that the 3 modes TOGETHER should add up to the weight of the original mode so it doesn't happen too often
Revolution
Spoiler:
It's perfect right now don't change nothing, this mode is an example of a conversion clusterfuck, but should not be imitated under any circumstances. Behold revolution and the niche it fills, and don't try to also fill that niche.
NEW MODES OH BOY OH GEEZ
Spoiler:
On /vg/ and Bay and such they have a gametype called VOX RAIDERS, wherein a bunch of bird aliens spawn aboard a small ship and they are tasked with stealing valuable items, ranging from materials from mining to scientific research to the PA and even people. The 'value' of items could be calculated based on the cargo point value that certain items (Like plasma and crates) already have. Obviously this mode would need some fine-tuning( Change the vox aliens into pirates, alter the value of stuff, gear crap) but it's viable as a simple thing even if straight ported now.

TL;DR of above

1.pirates in a ship

2. they steal good stuff from the crew

3. they have netguns or whatever
Last edited by Man_Shroom on Sat May 21, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Completely official design doc for conversion modes

Post by Anonmare » #178504

I don't know if a Heist mode would work for this playerbase tbh
Maybe you could work it a bit like Nuke Ops? Except no Vox memes though and no Nuke obviously.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #178591

>no jewbirds

That's half the point of Heist.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #178593

> No gipsy birds
Why make heist, then
Bring back papercult.

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178609

Pirates should be a team of solos, they harvest the station and convert it into loot and more gear to steal from the the station with HOWEVER each pirate has a known only to them loot goal and if they don't get enough loot in their share to reach their goal I think you can figure out the solution CUTTING THROATS! MUTINY! KILLING YOUR PIRATE CREW!

To differentiate them from flops they should have boarding pods and junky scrap transport non combat mechs that basically function mainly as space craft. Only their captain gets a proper space suit, whoever is wearing the space suit gets a double share of booty! They should be rewarded for teamwork to a point though so I suggest their thing be THUNDERBUSSES slow reload single shot damage and stun guns that while impractical alone can be held and used while laying down so they rest to let their fellows fire over them simulating an ye olde musket firing line with the front line crouched before a standing line.

They should loot the station with magnets that hoover up everything short of the hull plates in a room and they guard it while it does this meaning the pirates repeatedly breach into rooms and guard them for a time while the magnet hoovers them dry. To discourage the crew just calling the shuttle asap the pirates should be capable of fielding anti shuttle torpedos on their exocraft, if they pop the escape shuttle with them crew loses after a timer but the pirates need to scramble to reach their loot quota once it pops probably meaning they then kill each other. Entire concept kind of hinges on giving the crew meaningful outside the station fire power to hunt the pirates with, oh and giving syndicate and pirate ship the ability to relocate all over station Z freely where it wouldn't collide with the station.

Oh also pirates can kidnap people back to their ship and piratefy them by exposing them the loot stack for a while but this means the crew member will also get a share of the loot and a random loot quota.

Basically my entire idea of how pirates should treat each other hinges off the pirate captain killing his crew to keep his treasure location secret in Muppet treasure island.
[youtube]pOIzwV8SzpQ[/youtube]
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #178649

Shadowlings should get an extra powerful servant for converting another shadowling. ether that or dust after some arbitrary point
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #178652

InsaneHyena wrote:> No gipsy birds
Why make heist, then
DemonFiren wrote:>no jewbirds

That's half the point of Heist.
SOON...
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #178653

NEW MODES OH BOY OH GEEZ
Do we need more team deathmatch?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #178786

Why is gangs suddenly goongangs VERY ORGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL
The future is horrible!
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #178787

Why not just fucking remove them????

Most of them are uninspired and unmaintained as well as hot garbage. We removed ling after a ton of kicking and screaming, we can axe most of these shit modes too.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #178807

Lumbermancer wrote:
NEW MODES OH BOY OH GEEZ
>implying we don't have that 50% of the time anyway
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #178893

Lumbermancer wrote:
NEW MODES OH BOY OH GEEZ
That mode I suggested wouldn't be a team deathmatch mode
Ezel wrote:Why is gangs suddenly goongangs VERY ORGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL
cuz it works gud
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #178916

Removing Gang Mode would be a improvement.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178923

Steelpoint wrote:Removing Gang Mode would be a improvement.
Remove yourself to be honest
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: